Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been to the Houston collector’s Gun show Recently.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been to the Houston collector’s Gun show Recently.

Has anyone attended the HCGS in the past few years. It used to be a pretty good show to find some old collie tees guns. Last one I went to back in 2018 was nothing but new guns. I see they moved to a smaller location from over at reliant. May have to check it out this weekend

Gun shows today are not what they used to be.

Mainly dealers with new stuff selling stuff at retail.

The old guys who collected and had tables at the shows like my Dad and I used to, were there to swap and maybe make a dollar or two. Don't see too many tables like that anymore.

Comment

I quit going when they moved to the Reliant Center... Where is it now?

Comment

It’s some place in the Heights. Haven’t been to a local show I. 5 - 6 years. I like the older and used guns. The new stuff you can pretty much find at the local box stores.

Comment

When the Houston Gun Collectors Assn. had the show in the old Astro Hall in conjunction with the Military collectors memorabilia each August, that was a show to behold!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            When the Houston Gun Collectors Assn. had the show in the old Astro Hall in conjunction with the Military collectors memorabilia each August, that was a show to behold!!
            Those were the days! I don't need anything but I'm going tomorrow. Too hot to do anything outside so why not.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Yep. That's when it was good. As someone said, shows in recent years aren't very good most of the time. A deal or two are there but it's just not the same.

Comment

You know, the other thing that has changed with "gun shows" in general today vs. when I was a kid goin' with my dad is that when I was a kid (50+ years ago) the "big gun show" would come to beautiful downtown Lufkin... We always went and the whole flavor of the show was geared toward hunting... Great rifles, shotguns and pistols that would be good to shoot deer, hogs, squirrels, ducks and such... almost no Military/tactical guns/gear... The "military" stuff there would be crates full of old Mausers or similar guns that you could buy for $20-$50 a piece... They were there only because folks bought them to get the action so they could build a "custom" hunting rifle... Now-a-days, it's all about guns to for "self defense, protection, or tactical" use... guns designed to kill people... targets are people silhouettes instead of a deer, squirrel or bear... That to me is a sad reflection on who we have become as a nation and human race...

Comment

Working...
                X