Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas credit card change to Capital One...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabelas credit card change to Capital One...

Ya'll better check your accounts. Due to the stupid change over to Capital One, payments aren't being credited in a timely manner. They still haven't cashed my check so they showed my account as past due and charged my a service charge. I jut got off the phone with them and gave them a piece of my mind. The charge has been taken off, but this is the last straw. I'm done with Cabelas and Bass Pro.

I actually like the new change. the online banking is much nicer and can see your points balance. But yes a PIA if you didn't catch it in time.

Comment

Capital One called me yesterday evening while I was having dinner with the wife at a restaurant. They told me my account is past due and we needed to figure out how to get it current. I told them I mailed a check when I was supposed to and she said that it went to Cabelas and they shredded it. I threw a little hissy fit about my account showing I was past due for the first time ever. They took off the late fee but I was pretty ticked. Anyway, went online this morning and made the payment. Hopefully whoever got my first check did shred it.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
        I actually like the new change. the online banking is much nicer and can see your points balance. But yes a PIA if you didn't catch it in time.
        I agree, the online part of it seems like it will be better. Now I can wait until the due date to pay instead of sending a check a week early. The way they handled the transition wasn't good though.

Comment

I have been battling with those idiots for almost two weeks, what a joke, I sent a 16K dollar check in to them, it has not posted, they calling me for payment, one day I talk to visa and the next day it is master card with capitol one. I spend well over 100K a year on that card, every month is paid in full, now they are holding my cards and have collection agencies calling me, about to cancel that check and do a check by phone, my problem is I do not know who to pay. Good chance I am cancelling as well but may wait, been told it could effect my credit score.

Comment

Mailed a check? What is this you're talking about?

Comment

They sent out a LOT of notices telling you about all the changes and what you needed to do. Don't blame them when you didn't do your homework.

Comment

I like the change, the app is great as well.

Comment

I've been paying electronically since I got the card many many years ago. Haven't heard a word from them but now I'm going to check just to make sure.

Comment

The main reason Bass Pro wanted to buy Cabela's was for their cc business. Sounds like they are screwing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                      They sent out a LOT of notices telling you about all the changes and what you needed to do. Don't blame them when you didn't do your homework.

Why did they send a statement with a “pay to” that was to cabelas? One would think if you pay with the statement they sent it would go to the correct place.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        Why did they send a statement with a “pay to” that was to cabelas? One would think if you pay with the statement they sent it would go to the correct place.
                        I think I've already thrown that stuff away, but I'm pretty sure that one of the notices sent a month or two ago addressed this issue.

Comment

I pay all my bills online, so once I set up my new access I paid it online and it went through without issue. I normally keep my balance zero and only use that card for points.

I like the new interface better, but I have never been a big fan of Capital One and the change from Visa to Mastercard is weird lol.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                            I think I've already thrown that stuff away, but I'm pretty sure that one of the notices sent a month or two ago addressed this issue.

I kept it all and don’t see anything about it. I found where it says to set up online accounts after October 8 but I paid before that.

Comment

Don't know what to tell you then. I'm positive that I read something that said there would be an interruption of mailed in payments during the transition. I've always paid online though, so it was pretty painless for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X