No announcement yet.

Buccees feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Bucee’s were you at? I’m headed to the lease in Burnet and need to buy One tomorrow.

Comment

Terrell

Comment

I bought a Bucee 600# couple of weeks ago. I put it out Tuesday. I could not get it to test spin. After trouble shooting I think I have a bad battery. Next trip I will have a fresh battery and a new timer. Everything I have heard about their ASF feeders are very positive. I did add some caulking over the metal joints just for extra sense of mind.

Comment

I've got 2 ASFs from Bucees...never had an issue. Best deal going at $399 in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
            At Buccees, needing a s & f feeder. They have a Boss Buck inside the store in a box, unable to look at it good. It's $299. Have the ASF outside, looks decent as far as stability. It's $399. Not sure what brand timer is on either one. Anyone familiar w this BossBuck one at Buccees? $100 savings buys the corn lol.

I have both and so far so good. The spinner feeder has been fantastic and I just put the boss buck out recently. I haven’t anchored it down and half expect it to be knocked down when I go next. Either way, no complaints thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw the new boss buck on display at Ennis buccees. It is not like the boss buck feeder mentioned in pic above. The new boss buck is a true stand and fill. Not too bad for 300. Has 12volt system, wire cage but is large squares and around outside of box so looks like coon proof and corn can still get out ok during spin. Material very similar to the academy box feeders. The timer looks pretty cheap and would probably upgrade. Timer and battery are in a small box housing on side of feeder and easy to get to. It is on skids that look fairly stout. Box says 124 lbs. Might be a pain to put together. I will probably try one out and report back. 600 lb capacity. I like how it sits up higher than the asf feeder. I'd be worried about shooting a hole in lower feeder at night while hog hunting. So GSM bought out boss buck couple years ago. This new feeder isn't even listed on their website

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                I saw the new boss buck on display at Ennis buccees. It is not like the boss buck feeder mentioned in pic above. The new boss buck is a true stand and fill. Not too bad for 300. Has 12volt system, wire cage but is large squares and around outside of box so looks like coon proof and corn can still get out ok during spin. Material very similar to the academy box feeders. The timer looks pretty cheap and would probably upgrade. Timer and battery are in a small box housing on side of feeder and easy to get to. It is on skids that look fairly stout. Box says 124 lbs. Might be a pain to put together. I will probably try one out and report back. 600 lb capacity. I like how it sits up higher than the asf feeder. I'd be worried about shooting a hole in lower feeder at night while hog hunting. So GSM bought out boss buck couple years ago. This new feeder isn't even listed on their website
                Thanks. That's the info I was needing. They didn't have one on display. It looked good on box pics. It was heavy, I lifted the corner of the box. Not sure how it can be $299 and be a 600lb feeder of good quality (?). Idk, could be a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                  Thanks. That's the info I was needing. They didn't have one on display. It looked good on box pics. It was heavy, I lifted the corner of the box. Not sure how it can be $299 and be a 600lb feeder of good quality (?). Idk, could be a great deal.
                  No problem. Didn't take phone with me otherwise I would have taken pics. For a 600 lb stand and fill I think it's a reasonable deal. I dont have experience with the academy cube/box feeders but seems to be same metal thickness and brown paint. Solar panel not included but $22 at buccees for everlast 12v. Box is rather big so make sure you have plenty of room in your bed. I was going to get one today but was carrying too much stuff today for work

Comment

So after looking at both feeders, would you recommend the Boss Buck based on the price difference, quality, etc.? In all reality, the ASF EZ feeder isn't like top quality, thin metal and braces, requires a few mods to make it right. I would sure like to see one out of the box. I may go back and ask a manager lol.

Comment

Good question. So by the time you add solar you are at 320 vs 399. I dont know how long galvanized sheet metal holds up compared to painted metal but I would think longer. Yes the bracing on the asf does look flimsy I agree with you. And I dont like the asf being so low to ground and worry about a target standing in front of it. The sleds of the boss buck look very durable and not flimsy. Initially I would say asf but the boss buck is nice and 80 bucks cheaper. The feed box has screws where you bolt the metal together. I would suggest putting a bead of clear silicon along adjoining pieces when putting together. Let us know what you end up with

Comment

I sure will. If I can get a chance to look at one and check it out good. Fortunately I have a solar panel from a feeder I'm taking out of service. But still, minimal cost on that. Also have brand new batt. Have a "the timer" timer I can replace with the new one. So it really boils down to the better quality. The $100 difference is nice, but I'm willing to pay more to get more lol. I agree, I don't like the low height of the ASF. Hopefully I can look at one. I would think with the season drawing near they will be getting more in and will display one. They only had 2 in the store, and only 2 ASF.

Comment

Good deal. With the low height and flimsy cross bars I wonder how the asf would hold up to hogs. I have seen some gigantur hogs up around crowell if that's where you are putting it

Comment

Has anyone seen the ASF feeders in Katy or Bastrop this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Aric View Post
                              Has anyone seen the ASF feeders in Katy or Bastrop this week?
                              I saw some in Bastrop on Monday the 10th.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X