Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys who successfully diet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys who successfully diet..

Use to help with carb cravings when first starting back up. Have let myself go over the last 2 years, and realized losing weight isn't as easy as it was in my 20's.

Started really trying 3 days ago to watch what I eat, I have always been able to just low carb it for a few weeks in the past to kick start everything and then maintain.

Its been 3 days, and I'm craving ITALIAN food... AND I DONT EVEN LIKE ITALIAN FOOD! haha would really like to stick to it this time.

Even trying to go 6 weeks with no alcohol which has also been a factor in my weight gain.

Anyways just any low carb snacks that help cut the cravings. Thanks in advance.

beef jerky

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      beef jerky
      I didn't know you were rich!

Comment

whatever you figure out, market it! You'll be rich! HAH! Seriously, i think it's a mindset. You have to want to succeed. If you can beat the first week, you're good to go. Kinda like when i quit sodas...same thing. After a week, there were no cravings. Whatever you do, good luck! Good Bull on you for trying to get healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
          Use to help with carb cravings when first starting back up. Have let myself go over the last 2 years, and realized losing weight isn't as easy as it was in my 20's.

Started really trying 3 days ago to watch what I eat, I have always been able to just low carb it for a few weeks in the past to kick start everything and then maintain.

Its been 3 days, and I'm craving ITALIAN food... AND I DONT EVEN LIKE ITALIAN FOOD! haha would really like to stick to it this time.

Even trying to go 6 weeks with no alcohol which has also been a factor in my weight gain.

Anyways just any low carb snacks that help cut the cravings. Thanks in advance.
          I feel your pain brother. I have no problem abstaining from sweets, alcohol, whatever.

EXCEPT FREAKIN' CARBS

I'm worse than a heroin addict.

Comment

Almonds, pistachio's and hog cracklin's are my geaux-to items!!!

Comment

Dont worry about eliminating carbs, just reducing them initially. The reason you have cravings is that the large reduction is a shock to your system. Do it gradually and the craving wont be as bad. Weight loss is a long term process more than a quick turnaround. The first time I lost 65 pounds, I didn't even really worry about carbs to a degree. I stuck with low fat diet, eliminating all fast food and restaurants. I didn't worry about carbs because I burned them off with exercise (and the weight came off quickly). But, it came back on quickly when I stopped doing all that. This time, I've lost 65 again, but I'm more conscious of the carbs since I'm older and can't exercise quite as much. Weight loss is more slow (around a pound a week, sometimes a little more), which they say is a safer way to do it. If you can cut ~ 500 calories a day relative to what you were eating, or exercise the equivalent of 500 calories) you should lose around 1 pound a week (until you plateau).

Comment

Wasabi & Soy almonds
                berries (blue, black, straw)
                Found some Breyers Carb smart ice cream to help the night time craving
                Cut out bread, pasta, coke, rice, potatoes and it has seemed to work as I have lost 30 lbs in 2 months without doing any exercise.
                My wife calls it the modified keto as I do have a couple cheat meals, mainly on Friday and Saturday.

Edit: spicy pork skins are great to cut craving. We also use them to bread chicken breast

Comment

If you’re exercising regularly you really just need to make sure you aren’t taking in more than 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. If you don’t exercise regularly I’d keep it at .5-.7 per pound and wear an Apple Watch or garmin to track caloric expenditure daily and go from there. It’s all calories in calories out. Eat pasta but make sure you’re tracking what you eat. My fitness pal has a barcode scanner so you can literally scan the barcode on everything you eat and keep track of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hypnosis I thought it was a bunch of hoey but it worked for me. No cravings of bread or pasta lost 20lbs now 186 lean mass, mountain climbing beast.

Comment

I eat and drink the carbs but make sure to run/walk them off. No use in temporarily depriving myself of something I will go back to eating after I see desired results.

Comment

Diet's don't work. SO I don't diet. Big YOYO swinging.

Lifestyle change, or you will be following the TBH weight loss thread annually starting over

Comment

Of course there are plenty of factors that inhibit weight loss, like you mentioned. Age, genetics, etc but 90% of the equation is total calories in vs calories out. IOW, burn more than you consume. Keep it simple. Move more and eat less. And no, nutrient timing makes no difference.

One quick way to dump big amount of daily cals and a rule of thumb of all fit people is "NO LIQUID CALORIES!" - A little cream in your coffee is no big deal but excess sugary drinks, beer, etc is an easy way to add 1000 cal to daily diet.

Another big rule is to prioritize protein at EVERY meal. (No meals without protein.) For dinner, make sure your plate is largely protein. Double up on veggies with half servings of carbs. No need to completely deprive yourself of your carbs. Especially if you're moving a bunch (energy.)

I know it's a pain to learn, but its eye opening when you first start tracking calories. You realize how much you are overeating. Shoot, you can gain weight eating nothing but boiled chicken and green beans if you are consuming more calories of it than you burn. Conversely, you can lose wight eating 1500cal of nothing but icecream daily (Body comp will suffer but that's a diff story.) Be conscious of the fact that foods like peanut butter, olive oil in a salad, avocado, etc are all labeled "healthy" but easy to way overdo it due to high fat content (fat is 9 calories per gram.) The healthy salad in the wendys drive thru is more than my daily caloric intake, for example. MyFitnessPal is an easy app to keep track. Barcode scanner makes it very easy.

From a mental standpoint, ditch the word "diet." Implies youre depriving yourself and it is not enjoyable or sustainable. It should be a lifestyle change. My favorite cheat meal is wings n beer. When i am having it for dinner, I'll have double serving of zero carb protein shake (Isopure) for breakfast with low carb lunch. I hate the "NO CARB" trend because its unneccessary. Just easy way to save 4 calories per gram in my diet. So I'll have my wings and beer without going way over my caloric goal. Fitness industry calls it "eating intuitively" and the premise behind the weight watchers points system.

I know this is way more info than you wanted (told myself i wouldn't get too long-winded LOL). If you (or anyone else) would like help going over the math of the how many calories YOU, specifically, burn on a daily basis (based on basal metabolic rate BMR and your activity level) so that you can have an idea of a healthy calorie goal that will put you in a slight caloric deficit (about -%20.) Of course, all will be confidential.

I don't mean to minimalize your efforts as its not as easy for everyone. You have to realize there is an entire industry of exercise programs and supplement sales that rely on you believing that losing weight is IMPOSSIBLE without their help. Some good rules that make it easier than it seems:

-no liquid calories (but LOTS of water)
                          -prioritize protein
                          -eat more fiber (double up on veggies)
                          -eat intuitively
                          -move more. (take the stairs, park in back of parking lot, etc)

Good luck with your journey.
                          Last edited by BlackHogDown; 08-19-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Easy, just have a heart attack and get on digoxin and brilinta. Since the first week of June I went from 324 to 288.

Comment

^ Or try that Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X