Just bought a tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a tab

So I got talked into getting a tab usually shoot with a glove but for some reason I keep hitting myself with my hand on the release is there a certain way to shoot with a tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean you keep hitting yourself with your hand? Your tab hand is hitting your face when you loose the string?

Comment

I've had tabs flip back and slap me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Im completely lost

Comment

My release hand comes back and smacks me in my mouth I’ve tried different positions on the string and no luck I usually anchor at the corner of my mouth is it better to anchor further back?

Comment

Are you creeping?

Comment

Your release hand should be pulling towards your shoulder, not your mouth, upon release. I have never shot a tab, so I am no help there, but I bet good back tension and a clean release would solve the problem. Possibly something that has been happening all along and the tab just made you notice it.

Comment

So I started with a compound and converted to recurve but I see what your saying I’m still trying to use my compound anchor spot

Comment

Try anchoring with you index finger or middle finger at the corner of your mouth.

Comment

Ive done it too JBoehle. Its annoying. It happens for me when Im changing form or trying a different form. Maybe dont anchor as deep and consciously go to a second anchor point after release. My second anchor is my ear. It helps me keep my pull through linear...and not slap myself silly.

Comment

With good follow through the release with tab or glove should pull back past your ear.

Comment

Might look into Clums SOLID archery mechanics. He covers everything in extreme detail. Without a video or pictures, it almost sounds like maybe you’re short drawing? One thing that really cleaned up for me was finding a minimum of two contact points on the face. Switching from the corner of the mouth to my thumb behind my jaw and top index number on my cheek bone helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X