Favorite production hunting knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite production hunting knife?

OK green screen, a little market research here. What's your favorite hunting knife that fits these criteria: Production, not custom. Fixed blade, not folding. Regular blade, not replaceable.

Mine is a buck fixed blade with rubber ribbed handle. I have the large one and the gut hook one both rubber handle. Hold a great edge.

Comment

Best knife I have ever owned and still own. Made by SHARP and came from K-Mart. My MIL gave it to me for Christmas about 30 years ago. Holds an edge better than any others I've had.
      Attached Files

Comment

Knives of Alaska "Cub Bear"

Comment

If I had to pick, it would be one I have from Knives of Alaska. I don't remember the model name but it has a 4.5" blade and the Suregrip handle.

Comment

I'm a big fan of my Buck Vanguard in S30V steel as well as the Buck Open Season Small Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Best knife I have ever owned and still own. Made by SHARP and came from K-Mart. My MIL gave it to me for Christmas about 30 years ago. Holds an edge better than any others I've had.
              I had a KMart Sharp folding hunter (kind of a Buck clone) that was without a doubt the best knife that I have ever had. I could get it unbelievably sharp with an Arkansas stone and it would hold an edge forever. I eventually lost it somewhere.

I know that Kmart did not own a knife making company so I’m sure that Buck, Shrade or one of the other big knife companies made it under contract.

Comment

Buck Vanguard. Have had mine since 1994.

My buddy rounded the tip off accidentally showing me how well his worksharp worked.... but other than that its still a great knife. Its still in my pack but the replaceables come out first. The guthook in the pic was an add-on

Click image for larger version

Name:	00 Smart Buck Vanguard.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	24662030

Comment

Cutco makes a good fixed blade , knives of Alaska pricey but good
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-15-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Case Finn. I have 50 year old one with a bone handle and a newer one with a bigger rubberized handle. To me this profile of blade works better for breaking down animals. Too many of today’s knives have these fat blades that work great for skinning but suck for working in tight areas.

Comment

Esee makes a nice knife too.

Comment

Any of the knives of Alaska

Comment

My favorite is the Buck 118 that I got from my grandad before he died...LOVE that knife! (only thing I wish it had would be a grippier handle)

Comment

Esee Izula

Have really been wanting to get a hold of the Benchmade Altitude and Argali Carbon Knife.

Comment

Moracniv or a good ol K-Bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X