No announcement yet.

Hunting Zim Ain't for Punks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible. Thank you for taking the time to post all this. That last Buffalo is a dream of mine

Comment

Bravo! Incredible hunt and great story telling!

Comment

Man what a hunt. Congrats on all your animals. Incredible write up as well

Comment

Great adventure and write up! Thanks for taking the time to document it for TBH!

Comment

Have thoroughly enjoyed reading, checking out the pictures and videos. You should write for a magazine or the like! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Incredible write up, thanks for taking us along

Comment

Really enjoyed reading this, thank you for taking the time to post. Your skills obviously include writing about the outdoors, very good.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mahan View Post
                  Have thoroughly enjoyed reading, checking out the pictures and videos. You should write for a magazine or the like! Thanks for sharing!
                  Thanks Mahan but I only write for my coffee table book I'll do on Shutterfly. Maybe one day my grandkids or great grandkids will read them and want to do a trip to the Dark Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                    Really enjoyed reading this, thank you for taking the time to post. Your skills obviously include writing about the outdoors, very good.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

My freshman HS English teacher wasn't so impressed with my "skills".

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                      Man what a hunt. Congrats on all your animals. Incredible write up as well
                      Thanks Ms. "Buck_jane". My family is from Flatonia. Praha actually

Comment

One of the lions that were tracking the same buffalo we were after. These tracks were over ours from the afternoon before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	#40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	493.0 KB
ID:	24661838

Comment

In short summary if you don't want to read the other 3 pages, this is tough hunting. The amount of travel and effort it takes just to get here is grueling. Physically it will require you to be able to walk for at least several miles each day across uneven, at times rocky terrain and elevation. You aren't going to just drive around seeing animals or shooting from the vehicle. There will probably be very early mornings and lots of down time as you traverse to different hunting areas. I'm glad I did it. Would I go back? Yes, in the right situation (maybe win the lottery and hunt ele, leopard and lion).

This might not be the area to do your first African hunt. I'm sure some people do, but I'd recommend a South Africa or Namibia hunt first to get the experience of seeing LOTS of different animals. In hindsight I'm glad I saved this hunt for my 5th safari. I can appreciate what this type hunt is as compared to my other safaris.

Dalton and York Safaris are very upfront about the hunting. You want to hunt elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, hippo and croc, then this is your place. I'd add the bushbuck hunting was outstanding also along with good numbers of waterbuck. The lake shore holds impala but honestly Zim isn't exactly known for it's trophy impala rams. We saw several mature rams in the low 20's maybe. We encountered a handful of duiker and I know they have a few zebra around also. There are rumors of a herd of sable atop one the the mountains, but I can't confirm. " Hunting Zim ain't for Punks".

Click image for larger version

Name:	#33.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	24661866

Comment

I haven't read everything yet, but its so good seeing you and your wife still taking adventures. The pictures and video's are all great. I'm glad to see ya'll doing well and enjoying life. Do you think your taxidermist will have that buff back to you this decade?

Comment

Excellent trip report. Thanks for letting us to tag along!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                                I haven't read everything yet, but its so good seeing you and your wife still taking adventures. The pictures and video's are all great. I'm glad to see ya'll doing well and enjoying life. Do you think your taxidermist will have that buff back to you this decade?
                                Yes he’ll get it done as he has scaled back on doing other stuff 😜

Comment

Working...
                                X