Wetland Construction Company Recommendations - Grayson County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetland Construction Company Recommendations - Grayson County

About to close on a place off of the refuge. Small place but the water well wont cost a fortune and we should be able to construct a nice 3-5 acre wetland. At the bird flies this place will be a very short distance from some of the heavier bird concentration areas on the refuge so I hope that with time and effort I'll have a place to take the kids hunting here in a couple years. I really would like someone that understands waterfowl to build this. I like the Mallicotes over around Paris but they don't care to travel this far. Anybody have some recommendations from Sherman to Whitesboro? Thanks for the help

Originally posted by Flyway12 View Post
    About to close on a place off of the refuge. Small place but the water well wont cost a fortune and we should be able to construct a nice 3-5 acre wetland. At the bird flies this place will be a very short distance from some of the heavier bird concentration areas on the refuge so I hope that with time and effort I'll have a place to take the kids hunting here in a couple years. I really would like someone that understands waterfowl to build this. I like the Mallicotes over around Paris but they don't care to travel this far. Anybody have some recommendations from Sherman to Whitesboro? Thanks for the help
    Sounds great. Best of luck to you.

I had a one acre duck impoundment build near Waco last year. I told the guy what I wanted and he did it exactly.....and it holds water extremely well. My guy didn't know much about wetland construction specifically but he knew how to build an impoundment to hold water and that was the most important thing. IMO as long as you hire someone who will shoot grades and can find good clay.....any reputable pond/lake builder will be able to do a nice job for you.

I pump out of my big lake into the impoundment so I didn't have to dig a well but irrigation wells are tricky. They need high flow. My residential well ended up being a great flowing well (40-50 gpm) for our house.....but it would not have sufficed for pumping a big impoundment.

Comment

Going with a 6” pipe to a 100 gpm pump. 300 ft to ground water. I’ve got the well company. Just need the right guy for wetland construction.

Comment

Give Jace a call. He’s a waterfowl guide for several years and has been in the land management business for a few now.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyway12 View Post
          Going with a 6” pipe to a 100 gpm pump. 300 ft to ground water. I’ve got the well company. Just need the right guy for wetland construction.
          You running a diesel or electric pump? At 6K gallons an hour it would take you almost 7 days of non-stop running to put a foot of water on 3 acres.

Comment

Property has co-op water and electricity to it so we'll go electric. Plan is to develop the wetland out, see how the area produces and either add more land to it and build a nice cabin or sell and start over elsewhere if it isn't what I'm looking for. Very versatile piece of land with everything I've been looking for.

Comment

Freshwater Ecosystems is a lake and pond construction company out of Dripping Springs, TX. Serving the greater hill country area.

My cousin John is a wildlife biologist that does ranch construction pond and wetlands projects. He isn't in your area, but he travels all over the state for work. Tell him cousin Will sent you.

Comment

There is a guy I follow on instagram that does great work in Oklahoma but will certainly travel just below the Red River. Shane Gibson is his name and the company is Habitat Solutions.

Comment

Working...
                X