No announcement yet.

Anyone else seeing hummingbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more this week. Let the fights begin..

Comment

Whe have about 10-12 black chinned, here now , waiting on the migration to see some different genius , it’s been fighting nonstop

Comment

We had a pair stay all Summer, assume they had a clutch of chics as we would see a third one every now and then.

Comment

I put out 3 feeders today. Hopefully, some will show up.

Comment

We have about half a dozen that are here all day, every day. They've been here since mid-Spring and to this day, they still don't get along... I have 5 feeders out, but most of the time, only one bird can eat at a time... The others will dive bomb them and harass them continuously... Every once in a while, there will be 2 sitting at the same time on neighboring feeders (they are all about 5-10 feet apart...), but then a third harasser will come blasting in... Fun to watch but there's one big bully that I've threatened with my BB gun!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              We have about half a dozen that are here all day, every day. They've been here since mid-Spring and to this day, they still don't get along... I have 5 feeders out, but most of the time, only one bird can eat at a time... The others will dive bomb them and harass them continuously... Every once in a while, there will be 2 sitting at the same time on neighboring feeders (they are all about 5-10 feet apart...), but then a third harasser will come blasting in... Fun to watch but there's one big bully that I've threatened with my BB gun!!
              We have a feeder bully as well. I like to sit on the porch of a morning drinking coffee and watching the hummers. Billy Bad-*** waits until there are several feeding then zooms in and runs them all off!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                We have a feeder bully as well. I like to sit on the porch of a morning drinking coffee and watching the hummers. Billy Bad-*** waits until there are several feeding then zooms in and runs them all off!
                John, if you drink your coffee in a red mug an annoyed Billy Bad-*** may buzz your early morning porch sitting.

Comment

Just singles for now.

Comment

I've had a recent uptick in numbers. I love those mean little shhhits!

Comment

Haven’t had a single one this year !
                      Had about 5-6 last year

Comment

I have had decent numbers but not like years past but that has been with all birds.

Comment

We had 10-15 buzzing around in August when I left. My wife said there ate probably twice as many now. Love watching them harass each other. Like Jerp said, mornings on the back patio with my wife, drinking coffee and watching the hummers and deer is the best.

Comment

We have a pair working the hunningbird bush. Dang grumpy birds................

Comment

We had 5 show up this past weekend.

Comment

We have 10-12 at 2 feeders, they are constantly at them. So funny to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X