Plant ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant ID

These are growing like crazy from our old compost area. The look like small watermons but smell exactly like cucumbers. Not something we would have ever discarded in that area? Just some wild gourd that a bird dropped?
    Attached Files

Looks like a smell melon. https://agrobaseapp.com/united-states/weed/smellmelon

Comment

Coyote gourd?

Comment

Buffalo gourd.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          Buffalo gourd.
          This is what I originally thought but the seeds alignment is different.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            These are growing like crazy from our old compost area. The look like small watermons but smell exactly like cucumbers. Not something we would have ever discarded in that area? Just some wild gourd that a bird dropped?
            No clue but the insides look a lot like cucumber too

Comment

My grandpa used to call those pepinos de monte. Which means wild cucumbers. They grow a lot in South Texas.

Comment

Just searched Wild Cucumber and google returned "Creeping cucumber."

A blog is about the wild edible and medicinal plants of Texas and North America. It is run by chemist herbalist Dr. Mark Merriwether Vorderbruggen.

EDIT: MuddyBud beat me to it. Evidently the black/purple, ripe fruit are NOT to be eaten. "Very powerful laxative"
                Last edited by BlackHogDown; 09-07-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

A blog is about the wild edible and medicinal plants of Texas and North America. It is run by chemist herbalist Dr. Mark Merriwether Vorderbruggen.

EDIT: MuddyBud beat me to it. Evidently the black/purple, ripe fruit are NOT to be eaten. "Very powerful laxative"
                  Funny thing is that those are what we grew in that same exact spot last year.
                  These do not have the same leaf pattern and of course are 10 times the size. Maybe I created a hybrid of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

[emoji848]Wondering if this would be a natural alternative to GoLYTELY[emoji2400].... [emoji3061]

Comment

Looks like the gourds from my passion flower vines.

Comment

Mexican miniature watermelon.

Comment

Working...
                        X