Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever had to take a personality test for a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever had to take a personality test for a job?

This was given by a doctor who would be my employer. He wouldn’t reveal who came up with it. It’s a little different from the psychological tests given to law enforcement.

Man after having to drive a long ways to get to the location and not getting enough sleep for a few days prior , I told him afterwards that I could have definitely done better with more sleep. The test can make a person feel exhausted mentally. There were many questions that I couldn’t answer definitively, yet the instructions say to not spend much time on any question and move on. It can make a person feel like a lab rat in some ways. Not a fun experience at all.

Yes. They are becoming more common, as employers strive to identify personality types that will match the type of individuals/teams they have in place. Also, certain types of personalities "typically" do better in specific job functions. For example, sales is typically a job function dominated by extroverts.

Good luck in your job search!

Comment

Yes, my company requires them for all of our new hires. The test will really surprise you on the type of questions asked as well as the accuracy. These tests really help you hire the right person for the job. You don't want to hire someone with strict engineering mindset for sales and vice versa for technical position. It's not set in stone but it proves to be right almost every time.

Comment

I had to take one online. They said it was to determine if my personality would be a good fit for the role. I'm guessing I did well because I was in the top two for the role.

Lost out I believe when they asked to see my salary. Like a fool, I gave it to them and then got the thank you, but we've selected another candidate. Talking with my Mentor he said when they saw you were telling the truth on your salary, which again I should not have revealed, they highered the other guy who was probably cheeper.

Comment

yes a few times.

Comment

Yes, Union Pacific, British Petroleum.

Comment

I would fail...I have no personality.

Comment

yeah one of my best friends took one for an oilfield job several years ago.....the first meeting he actually met the guy who was going to hire him at BareBacks, a now out of business strip club....the next day their corporate office asked him to do a personality test as a pre employment requirement haha

Comment

Yep. Fairly common i fell like with bigger companies.

Usually its a personality assessment and the company has a few personalities that have proven to work best that they want.
                  Last edited by 150class; 09-03-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

yup,
                    came back negative. guess I didn't study enough,,,,
                    seriously, yes a couple times,

Comment

Nearly all of our employees have taken the MMPI or MMPI2.

Comment

Yep, it culls out alot of candidates. I'm not in favor

Comment

I remember when the best personality test was a DD-214.

Comment

Yep.

They asked me my greatest weakness. I told them my greatest weakness was total honesty, all the time.

They said, "We don't really see that as a weakness".

I said, "I don't really give a &$^# what you think".

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                              yep.

They asked me my greatest weakness. I told them my greatest weakness was total honesty, all the time.

They said, "we don't really see that as a weakness".

I said, "i don't really give a &$^# what you think".

:d :d :d :d
                              Last edited by Katsaregood; 09-03-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X