No announcement yet.

Getting Meat Back from Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I chose to drive to Wyoming when I killed my bull a few years ago.

Comment

Good problems to have whatever your outcome is.

Comment

I have the solution!!!!!!!!! Just eat it all fore you come home!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          I have the solution!!!!!!!!! Just eat it all fore you come home!!
          Get the choice cuts freeze and bring home then local call the food bank , most hunters waste 1/2 there game after the good stuff is gone
          I usually donate 1/2 my game just because it’s needed

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            500 lbs of frozen meat and 2 capes and horns was $900 from Alaska, then you got to pickup from airport
            That's a good point.....a buddy of mine shipped his horns and cape back to Austin area from his sheep hunt in Canada a number of years ago. There were some problems during the shipping, cant remember exactly what they were, but it all stunk really bad by the time he got a call telling him it was ready for pick up at the airport. If it had been meat it would not have been suitable to eat. According to him, he was lucky to be able to salvage the cape.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
              Ok guys. I need some advice. My brother and I are headed up to Idaho to hunt elk. We are flying up there and back into Idaho Falls. If we are successful the question comes to how are we getting the meat back. I’ve gotten a ton of different answer and so I wanted to hear what some of you guys have done.

So far my options are donate the meat. No happening.

Second, have the meat processor ship the meat to us. Probably going to be expensive.

Third, ship my gear to my home before we head home from Idaho and take the meat on coolers as checked baggage on the airplane. If I do this should I take 4 smaller coolers or 2 150 quart coolers. Obviously this could be the most cost effective.

Tell me your stories and what to watch out for. Appreciate y’all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              That’s the reason I’d never fly to hunt. The meat means as much to me as the hunt does, and more than the antlers or horns. You don’t have many options when you fly.

Comment

Working...
              X