2021 Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    Couple of weeks out so could change a million times but something to keep an eye on.

Need to get my roof looked at and fence fixed and braced sooner though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What would be the odds of two hurricanes hitting basically the same place twice, two years in a row!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      What would be the odds of two hurricanes hitting basically the same place twice, two years in a row!

I’m not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Man I don't wish dat crap on nobody. We got a high pressure settin up over us this weekend so that will help keep things away, hope it lasts until the cold fronts start comin

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          Man I don't wish dat crap on nobody. We got a high pressure settin up over us this weekend so that will help keep things away, hope it lasts until the cold fronts start comin

No lie [emoji1374]

Comment

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/anal...frzn_us_64.png

Ugh! Please, God, no!

Comment

Couple of weeks out so could change a million times but something to keep an eye on.

Need to get my roof looked at and fence fixed and braced sooner though.

Two days ago the GFS showed something similar at the TX/LA border, then yesterday it was gone.

I'm praying/hoping that's the case with this one too. It looks like they moved it a bit west, way too close for comfort.

Comment

My parents property got hit hard. The eye sat over Edgard & Garyville, La. (Both within 3 miles of LaPlace as the crow flies). They are not getting media coverage as LaPlace is larger. My BIL says don't even consider coming back at this time. He noted it got really hairy and ugly quick!!!!! Besides the shingles completely gone on the house and duplexes they have water damage to inside walls. Two hurricane shutters gone on the eastside. Two sheds are gone.....completely.....no sign of them!!!. A rental house trailer is 75% gone. Both carports are in the field.....he thinks. Too many trees to count are laying down and the street is pretty much impassable. "No loss of life" in the neighborhood but some homes were pancaked. [emoji37] Very little phone service as at&t and Tmobile towers are down as of earlier today. No gas, water or electricity.........estimates from my BIL are 2 weeks to a month. Mom is fine as she understands. Dad is anxious as that place is his life. My aunt is doing better as she got pretty sick on the 19 hour drive to Houston. My mom thought she had a stroke.[emoji2962] My sister is good now since her husband has been able to get thru on text and 2 calls. He had to coordinate evacs and rescues. Being a EMT, also on the volunteer fire department and a St. John Parish sheriff officer since retiring from the Navy as a Chief he had no choice but to ride Ida out. He sounded dead tired but noted "it ain't good" and don't tell my parents too much at once. Yesterday was crazy with a packed house including babies but we had a blast with cousins. My wife can't understand half of the conversations but she loves them still the same. [emoji38]I really appreciate the folks that reached out to me on PM, text and Voicemails but I am so far behind I figured this was easier. I was able to get my dad's dialysis transferred to the Woodlands so we are just waiting for them to take him back for his treatment. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  My parents property got hit hard. The eye sat over Edgard & Garyville, La. (Both within 3 miles of LaPlace as the crow flies). They are not getting media coverage as LaPlace is larger. My BIL says don't even consider coming back at this time. He noted it got really hairy and ugly quick!!!!! Besides the shingles completely gone on the house and duplexes they have water damage to inside walls. Two hurricane shutters gone on the eastside. Two sheds are gone.....completely.....no sign of them!!!. A rental house trailer is 75% gone. Both carports are in the field.....he thinks. Too many trees to count are laying down and the street is pretty much impassable. "No loss of life" in the neighborhood but some homes were pancaked. [emoji37] Very little phone service as at&t and Tmobile towers are down as of earlier today. No gas, water or electricity.........estimates from my BIL are 2 weeks to a month. Mom is fine as she understands. Dad is anxious as that place is his life. My aunt is doing better as she got pretty sick on the 19 hour drive to Houston. My mom thought she had a stroke.[emoji2962] My sister is good now since her husband has been able to get thru on text and 2 calls. He had to coordinate evacs and rescues. Being a EMT, also on the volunteer fire department and a St. John Parish sheriff officer since retiring from the Navy as a Chief he had no choice but to ride Ida out. He sounded dead tired but noted "it ain't good" and don't tell my parents too much at once. Yesterday was crazy with a packed house including babies but we had a blast with cousins. My wife can't understand half of the conversations but she loves them still the same. [emoji38]I really appreciate the folks that reached out to me on PM, text and Voicemails but I am so far behind I figured this was easier. I was able to get my dad's dialysis transferred to the Woodlands so we are just waiting for them to take him back for his treatment. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Glad ya'll are hanging in there!!

Comment

I was out of pocket for the approach/landfall of this storm myself. I just read through this whole thread! What a mess! And it's just getting started! I will most certainly be in prayer for our LA brothers n sisters. Lots of programs getting ramped up here in the Houston area to arrange help, groceries, water, etc... I've seen convoys of power company service vehicles headed that way the past 2 days... I do so hope that the weather forecasters are wrong about a repeat in the next couple weeks!!

Comment

It looks like the latest GFS run doesn’t show the next storm anymore.

Comment

We deployed here on Sunday night. The amount of damage is overwhelming and just makes you sad for these great folks.

They are without power, fresh water and homes/barns/boats/vehicles mostly destroyed, yet every single one will shake your hand, thank you and let you know they've never witnessed a storm of this magnitude before.

There were 173mph winds here and where it initially hit, was clocking 190mph.

Praying for these fine folks, they've already begun their cleanup and we'll checks on neighbors, some tight knit communities for sure. God Bless Louisiana!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 Hurricane Season

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                          We deployed here on Sunday night. The amount of damage is overwhelming and just makes you sad for these great folks.

They are without power, fresh water and homes/barns/boats/vehicles mostly destroyed, yet every single one will shake your hand, thank you and let you know they've never witnessed a storm of this magnitude before.

There were 173mph winds here and where it initially hit, was clocking 190mph.

Praying for these fine folks, they've already begun their cleanup and we'll checks on neighbors, some tight knit communities for sure. God Bless Louisiana!

We appreciate all the help!

It’s amazing the amount of people who have the means to be prepared for a storm like this but aren’t.

It also blows my mind the amount of problems these whole home generators have. You think you have yourself covered but they go out constantly.

I just got my neighbors back running and it’s a 25kw Generac. My Parrain’s is out currently and my other buddy game by today telling me his 22 kw Generac quit working.

His was a natural gas issue but to spend this kind of money on these and them not work longer than 2 days is a problem.

Last edited by Black Ice; 08-31-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

It’s amazing the amount of people who have the means to be prepared for a storm like this but aren’t.

It also blows my mind the amount of problems these whole home generators have. You think you have yourself covered but they go out constantly.

I just got my neighbors back running and it’s a 25kw Generac. My Parrain’s is out currently and my other buddy game by today telling me his 22 kw Generac quit working.

His was a natural gas issue but to spend this kind of money on these and them not work longer than 2 days is a problem.

Yes sir, that would be frustrating. Most of these ol boys have generators running to keep their deep freezers cold....alot of shrimp they keep in there.

Talked to a man yesterday that you'd think of as your paw paw...he said his freezer was loaded and could sustain a while...and if I run out, we'll I'll grab the rifle and go to the woods to get more groceries....like ol Hank Jr says....A Country boy can survive.

I said you got that right sir!

Comment

Had those same issues over here. Either not working or running out of propane. Once out of propane there was no one to re-fill it. Natural gas was out for quit some time as well. When the trees uproot they pull up all the buried utilities. Luckily we were only without water for about a week. The good thing was there were no more fences so you could fetch water from any swimming pool to flush toilets and take a bucket bath. No power for nearly a month so those with whole house gens need to look at getting a portable generator.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                                Blake do you know if Houma had any flooding. Lots of us have vehicles there.
                                Sounds like a rough ride out there…

More than 100 men say they are stranded on a drill ship in the Gulf of Mexico after Hurricane Ida swept through the area, and they don’t know when they’ll be rescued.

Comment

Working...
                                X