Anybody own a Ford Expedition Max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the process of selling my van and looking at the Expedition Max either a Limited or Platinum 4x4. I'm looking at 2018-2019 year models.

If you have one would you buy it again? Problems? Likes/dislikes? TIA

Originally posted by chongo View Post
    In the process of selling my van and looking at the Expedition Max either a Limited or Platinum 4x4. I'm looking at 2018-2019 year models.

We have a 2018 Max Limited with the tow package.

We love it, got it new, and has been one of the best SUVs we've ever owned.

Comment

I have a 2020 and so far love it. The gas mileage is great for a vehicle this big but it doesn’t lack any speed or power.
      I previously own GM vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully the 2018+ models are better than the 2017 my wife had. There was just something about it that didn't sit well with me. We started having some trouble so we traded it for a Nissan Armada. I really want to like the newer expeditions though.

Comment

I plan on putting the wife in Expedition Max in a year or so. I’ve been impressed with the limited experience I’ve had with them.

Comment

I don’t own one but my work ride is a 2020 limited. I really like it and wouldn’t hesitate to get the wife one when her Suburban dies. It has great pickup and the fuel Mileage is good for a big SUV. It handles well also.
            The only thing that took me a bit to get used to was the shift knob.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
              Hopefully the 2018+ models are better than the 2017 my wife had. There was just something about it that didn't sit well with me. We started having some trouble so we traded it for a Nissan Armada. I really want to like the newer expeditions though.
              Yeah 2018 is when they went Aluminum with the ecoboost. Different animal from the 2017 prior.

Comment

What kind of mileage are y'all seeing in them? Close to the EPA est.?

Comment

Mainly city mileage and I average 19.5. On highway trips it’s been 23

Comment

My wife has one. 4x4 with 34s on it. Mileage is less because of the tires but it still has plenty of go. I think it’s a 19 or 20 can’t remember. She likes it a lot.

Comment

I've heard they have some timing chain issues around those model years.

Comment

Wife had an 18 Platinum and it was the best vehicle she’s ever owned. She’s driving a ‘21 Lincoln Navigator now and it’s pretty much the same vehicle with a few more luxury features. Great mileage for a vehicle that size and power.

Comment

We have a 2020 Max 4x4 and love it!

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post

My SIL has had mucho trouble with her 2018. In the shop for a total of 5 weeks two different times. Cam phaser issues! She’s looking to get rid of it.
                            Not bashing ford, I have a 2016 f150 with 242,000 miles and still running strong.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                              My wife has one. 4x4 with 34s on it. Mileage is less because of the tires but it still has plenty of go. I think it’s a 19 or 20 can’t remember. She likes it a lot.

That’s likely the route I’ll end up going. Did you use the ready lift kit? Got pictures?

Comment

Working...
                              X