I thought slick moss on the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
        thats jeff foxworthy material there.

Comment

Should have got the snorkel.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            how exactly do you suppose that happened - somebody get out of the truck and left it in neutral?
            Some ramps have a lot of algae growth and slicker than snot. You can put your truck in park and it will still slide. Inks lake old ramp would get bad during the warmer months. Calavaras and Bruaning claim a few trucks every year.

Comment

Might as well go fishing! Maybe need another 12 pack or 2!

Comment

So……General Motors products don’t float ? I guess it’s only the drivers who are full of……hot air.

Comment

I'm guessing algae on ramp and couldn't get traction. I have had it happen, but usually throw it in 4WD and pull right out

Comment

Truck

how exactly do you suppose that happened - somebody get out of the truck and left it in neutral?
                    I saw that happen once and it was because the boat ramp had a thick layer of algae on it and the water was low exposing the algae. When they started unloading the boat and made the truck kinda move gravity took it course and the truck just slid back in the water. Wish I would have had a phone back then to record the look on there face.

Comment

Good Fish structure

Comment

As quick as that mirror disappeared with the door open and nobody swimming out I say neutral or reverse. **** that would make your stomach hurt.
                        I have seen some expensive SUVs and trucks do the same at Ray Hubbard.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                          I'm guessing algae on ramp and couldn't get traction. I have had it happen, but usually throw it in 4WD and pull right out
                          Driver error is what I'm guessing.

Comment

One reason why I put it in 4wd when launching. That way, of your rear tires are on slick algae when stopped, the front tires won't just roll and are locked in park as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              One reason why I put it in 4wd when launching. That way, of your rear tires are on slick algae when stopped, the front tires won't just roll and are locked in park as well.

It’s always amazed me what guys will spend to have a four-wheel-drive truck, with 37 inch mud tires, just to smoke up a slick boat ramp with one back tire boiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Front wheels are turning as it goes down?

Comment

Working...
                                X