Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stuck

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Mud tires just get you down to the frame faster. And usually another 10 yards in. Lol
    and always remember 4x4 means 2x as STUCK...A back hoe was mentioned and yes its a wonderful tool ..set up with pads down and pull with Bucket/Hydraulics and re- attache as needed not tires/wheels

Comment

Everyone’s a dang genius when it’s not a picture of their vehicle. Lol!

Comment

Mud tires just get you down to the frame faster. And usually another 10 yards in. Lol
        So much truth

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Ain’t that the truth.

Comment

When properly used mud tires are a wonderful thing. The other 20% of the time they just make sure you’re twice as stuck, and 3x harder to get to. Lol

Comment

No kidding.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

At least you weren't BOB deep.

Comment

As someone who has buried their truck down to the frame in snow, mud, and sand, I am aptly qualified to make armchair QB comments

I am glad OP got out no worse for wear. Will be a fun story for his wife to tell their friends until the day they die haha

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                    At least you weren't BOB deep.
                    Oooooof. That was a good one. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                      It was a strange.

Drove just fine in 4 high from front of property to that spot.

Good dry ground with zero slipping all the way to that point.

Then I went to turn around and it was like someone just yanked the bottom out from under each tire.

ZERO RUTS up to and when leaving.

Tractor didn’t make ruts either.

Very strange I’ve never been stuck in a scenario like that.

Like the hand of God pushed my truck straight down in silty quick sand.

I’m extremely thankful for my landowner. His tractor operating skills and know how got me out of a bind with no truck damage.

We used the tractor bucket, 8,000lbs jack, and 2x6 boards.

From time of calling him to him getting back home it was only 2 hour ordeal.

I want to say thanks to all the TBHers who reached out there was literally 8 of you guys who called or texted me. I love the green screen.

This is my first time having a diesel 3/4 ton.

Lesson learned for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I've had that same thing happen to me. Literally 2 seconds and on the frame after being parked in the same spot for an hour. Before I left there was a truck, tractor, boom truck all stuck and I was the only one to get out. Funniest part was the ex uncle in law, Johnny, we called first. He shows up.... shakes his head......"&*^% boy, you sure don't know how to drive in the mud!!!" he gets in his truck and does his hotdogging to pull me out from in front. While going around me his buries up past the door and we have to dig his door out so his fat butt can get out of his truck. Everything gets stuck trying to get Johnny out.

Comment

Lol, glad you're out OP. Diesels don't belong off road. IDC what the sticker on the side says.

LOL at what the sticker says on the side. I agree....and why I went to a 1/2 SWB gasser. Got tired of crappy mud performance at the lease. Plowing like above or slipping and sliding everywhere makes for a crappy weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          LOL at what the sticker says on the side. I agree....and why I went to a 1/2 SWB gasser. Got tired of crappy mud performance at the lease. Plowing like above or slipping and sliding everywhere makes for a crappy weekend
                          Diesel trucks with big mud tires are advantageous for driving on flooded paved streets, as long as you can keep them on the pavement, that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Good thing you didn't spin the tires until it was sitting on the frame.......
                            Great line right there. Glad you held off until he was freed. I don't start off with 4wd but wait until it gets squirrelly and then I use 4wd to back out.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                              It was a strange.

Drove just fine in 4 high from front of property to that spot.

Good dry ground with zero slipping all the way to that point.

Then I went to turn around and it was like someone just yanked the bottom out from under each tire.

ZERO RUTS up to and when leaving.

Tractor didn’t make ruts either.

Very strange I’ve never been stuck in a scenario like that.

It happened to me in a 4wd Toyota 4Runner! Little tiny vehicle with wide off road tires. No standing water, no tire slippage, no jackassery...not even turning. Just sunk like a stone.

Other than that day, those mud tires have gotten me out of far more trouble than they ever got me into.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                It happened to me in a 4wd Toyota 4Runner! Little tiny vehicle with wide off road tires. No standing water, no tire slippage, no jackassery...not even turning. Just sunk like a stone.

That’d be bottomless sand land, and sometimes black land. Too many hours on the working end of a sharp shooter to think “ it looks fine” after a rain anymore. I don’t even like heavy 4 wheelers anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X