No announcement yet.

Texas Recurve Championship May 8th-9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most only shoot one day but some see how many rounds they can get in over the weekend. First round in each class counts towards awards, the rest is just for fun

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      Do you have to shoot both days, or can you just shoot one day? I've never done this but it might be fun. But Sunday is out for me.
      No might. Is.
      The atmosphere is nothing like compound tournaments. Always friendly, always encouraging and always good people.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Open means any arrows but in reality it means carbons or maybe aluminums. Wood class is wood arrows only. "Barebow" is a bit confusing. We used to call this class "Olympic Recurve" but we were told by a member/bowyer who builds rigs for those shooters that barebow is a better description. In barebow competitions they can use a small stabilizer and a simple rest but no sights. (Olympic bows have sights.)

Hope to see you there Briar Friar!
        Got it...well...most. Im still confused on barebow. Could I use the same bow for all three classes? My recurve is naked minus a blue tape bandaid. I could shoot open with carbon arrows, wood with wood arrows, and the barebow with another arrow construction...say aluminum?

I could put tassles on my bow if it makes anybody uncomfortable.

Comment

Many will shoot in both the carbon and wood classes using the same bow. The reason that barebow is its own class is that they theoretically have an advantage because of their use of stabilizers and rests. Barebow competitions include field, indoor target and 3d and the rules depend on which sanctioning body is holding the event. (NFAA, IBO,ASA among others) They all have different equipment rules, e.g. sights allowed for targets, no sights for 3d, stabilizer length restrictions, etc. We have included that class in an attempt to draw shooters who might not otherwise compete. Some of our participants only shoot 3d but the majority are bowhunters using their hunting rigs just out for a day of fun.
          Last edited by jerp; 03-24-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Got it...well...most. Im still confused on barebow. Could I use the same bow for all three classes? My recurve is naked minus a blue tape bandaid. I could shoot open with carbon arrows, wood with wood arrows, and the barebow with another arrow construction...say aluminum?

I could put tassles on my bow if it makes anybody uncomfortable.

If you are using that “blue tape bandaid” as a sighting reference, then that bow is not legal in any TBoT shoot! Can’t speak for how it would be rule on for this particular shoot at cowtown, as it is not a TBoT shoot.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks Jerp. Sounds like an ILF riser and some bells, whistles, or tassles for some high speed low drag arching would be appropriate.

Thanks for the reminder Jerry.
              No blue tape is bandaid...not aiming aid. Im dialing my form in to point gap aiming for TBOT shoots. I do need to take a magic eraser to my riser and make some previous marks go away. Good push.
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-25-2021, 08:02 AM. Reason: DialFormSpake

Comment

Jerp...Are riser elevation marks allowed for the shoot?

Thanks for bringing that up Jerry.

Comment

Daniel and I are trying to make this one. We’ve had about a year’s worth of not competing much, due to buying a home, moving, and doing some updates and repairs. It feels good to be out shooting with friends again, and meeting new people.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Loved this tournament when I went. Very well set. Super nice people. Glad to see Barebow in the classes.

Comment

Bumping this one up again.

Comment

Weather looks great for this weekend - one more bump!

Comment

I was going to shoot this but at this point I probably shouldn't. I'm sure it will be a great set up and a lot of fun.
                            I'm just really limiting my shot count. The day after I got my PT back I shot 40 or so arrows. Couldn't shoot for a couple of days.
                            Hate to not shoot one at my home club though.
                            I will see how it feels Friday.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Yeah I'm out on this one. Hope everyone shoots well. Im sure they'll have a good course laid out. Good shooting all!

Comment

Working...
                                X