• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.

Comment

No

Comment

Absolutely I’d shoot it. I’ve only killed a small 3 point with my trad gear (tasted great by the way). Any legal deer is bound to get shot on my place with my trad bows. Hunting trad has brought the fun back to my hunting and given me way more targets as compared to my compound bow or gun hunts!

Comment

Nope.
          Ed

Comment

No

Comment

Kill him and send me a pic, I’ll give you all the attaboys you can handle!

Comment

Most everybody on here is saying no because they have nicer deer every year and they can pick and choose. I am in the catagory of having the luxury of pretty nice deer every year to shoot. However I have been on leases where that is the best deer by far. So I say shoot what makes you happy and dont worry about what anyone else thinks. Heck I shot a smallish 6pt last year because after 3 sits watching him he was a bully. He would run all the does and pretty decent future deer completely off anything that was food. So good luck to you sir.

Comment

I'd be tempted on my place but I would still pass. Never saw one that good even on camera all of last year. I'm at the point where so long as I put a doe or two in the freezer I'm willing to let the bucks grow old. I just wish my neighbors would get with the program.

Comment

It doesn't really matter if we would shoot that buck or not.

Comment

No

Comment

Didn’t mean to start a firestorm but as with most TBH Posts, this one is no different. I live in my own property in SE Texas (165 acres) which is bordered o 2 sides by the Angelina Natl. Forest. There is a “Good ole boy” hunting club on my Western boundary and typically they shoot whatever they can to include a few 12 1/2” bucks each year. Our GW patrols but Jasper County is about 60 miles top to bottom and they can’t patrol enough. I also hunt with trad equipment and haven shot a deer in almost 5 years. It’s been 13 years since I have taken a Buck and the last was with a compound. That being said if I do decide to shoot one I’ll. Just keep the pics to myself. ����

Comment

ngl, I'd shoot him

Comment

Looks young. You're the only person who knows. If you want to shoot it, shoot it. But never expect getting a "Big" buck.... I'm at the place where I will pass every buck that's not mature. Neighbors will possibly kill most If not all I pass on, but if I don't shoot a legal baby 10, he might make another season and be better. I wish I had thousands of acres and the other properties passed on young ones too. Seeing high fence bucks get to 9 yrs old and still massive antlers and what they look like at 2 yrs old being bigger than anything I've killed before... I think the anther restrictions helped, but not enough in low population counties. As soon as they get 13.0⁰0" they get shot. Wished with as much pain it would caused not to get to hunt, is instead of restriction, they'd gone archery only or better closed seasons for three maybe four years in those counties and had more. If you see dozens of bucks on your cameras looking like that one, you'd not be in a hurry to shoot being the only one you think you'll see. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                              Didn’t mean to start a firestorm but as with most TBH Posts, this one is no different. I live in my own property in SE Texas (165 acres) which is bordered o 2 sides by the Angelina Natl. Forest. There is a “Good ole boy” hunting club on my Western boundary and typically they shoot whatever they can to include a few 12 1/2” bucks each year. Our GW patrols but Jasper County is about 60 miles top to bottom and they can’t patrol enough. I also hunt with trad equipment and haven shot a deer in almost 5 years. It’s been 13 years since I have taken a Buck and the last was with a compound. That being said if I do decide to shoot one I’ll. Just keep the pics to myself. ����
                              You shoot one just post it up in the traditional kill thread. Every deer with a trad bow is a trophy. Even a doe. Don't worry about the rest of them. Your fellow trad hunters will be proud of you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you what you feel. Your property hunts different than anyone elses here. The horns don't taste good anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X