Cooper to the Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Yeah I think its a little much but Gordon is not comparable... Gordon is one celebration joint from being out of the league forever....with a mental health and substance abuse rap sheet a mile long.
    True but I still feel we way overpaid for a player that will make little difference

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
      True but I still feel we way overpaid for a player that will make little difference
      I don't know, I think he is better than anything coming out in next years draft, really do not see it as a huge gamble, somehow he made the pro bowl his first two years in the NFL, was that luck ? Now if we have a QB issue then this trade may not sound too good, however the 2020 QB class is supposed to be loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by frazee3200 View Post
        I don't see how it'll hurt. He's better than any receiver on our roster by far. Hate giving up a 1st round pick but he's a proven receiver in the league. As long as dak can get him the ball I think it'll be a good trade
        I think he is better than any of the receivers they saw coming up in the draft. He's 24, I believe, so it's not like he is old, he should have some years left. Anyway, I think if the Cowboys dont see the post season, this will be Garrett's last year here.

Comment

Not a great trade but not a bad trade. A 2nd-3rd is more fair. But WRs can be hit or miss in the draft and may take 3 years to develop into a solid contributor.

Cooper can do that from the start.

Dallas’ problem is Dak Prescott and Jason Garrett. And to think everyone was calling Dak the franchise and to bench Romo a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            I don't know, I think he is better than anything coming out in next years draft, really do not see it as a huge gamble, somehow he made the pro bowl his first two years in the NFL, was that luck ? Now if we have a QB issue then this trade may not sound too good, however the 2020 QB class is supposed to be loaded.
            ^^^This is my take as well.

Maybe Amari takes some pressure off of Gallup, who has shown flashes of being decent. Cooper has been in the league a couple of years already and been a pro bowler both years. Like Smart said, I think this is more about timing. The Cowboys don’t have 2 more years to develop a WR corp and waste those years before finding out “if Dak isn’t going to be the QB”. This is more about figuring out the later IMO.

One thing is for sure...we will find out real quick if Dak is the problem or not. And if he IS...they cut bait earlier and move on. Did the pokes over pay? Maybe, maybe not. My initial read was YES but only time will tell. Can’t blame them for this move.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
              Not a great trade but not a bad trade. A 2nd-3rd is more fair. But WRs can be hit or miss in the draft and may take 3 years to develop into a solid contributor.

Cooper can do that from the start.

Dallas’ problem is Dak Prescott and Jason Garrett. And to think everyone was calling Dak the franchise and to bench Romo a few years ago.

yep

Comment

Who cares

Comment

Looks like we are releasing brice butler. Why did we resign him anyway

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Who cares

You did enough to see the title...click on the thread knowing the title....you then chose to read the thread and then post something you mistakenly thought was clever....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      You did enough to see the title...click on the thread knowing the title....you then chose to read the thread and then post something you mistakenly thought was clever....

He cares or he wouldn’t have opened the thread let alone reply to it! Hate is caring!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod3367 View Post
                        Looks like we are releasing brice butler. Why did we resign him anyway

He was serviceable at his price and worth it for another body but Cooper is a much faster and more proven receiver. Simply put....last in first out if you are expendable...

Comment

So true[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Lmao!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X