Guess I'm Getting Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'm Getting Old

Was shooting today at my local pro shop(C&S Archery) and my shoulder started killing me. I guess 70 lbs is too much for me anymore.[emoji16] Backed my Elite Synergy down to 60 lbs, and what a difference it made. Way easier to draw back and my grouping actually got a little better. Guess I need to stroke my bruised ego and accept the fact that I'm not 25 anymore.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

it happens

Comment

You did good!

Comment

attaching ego to draw weight will do that to you I guess.

Comment

im 31 and have never shot 70#. im currently set at 62# and its perfect, even with heavy arrows.

Comment

Yes, I replaced my 70# bow with a 60 pounder about 8 years ago after my 5th rotator cuff repair. I still get my deer every year. I haven't hunted with a rifle in 30 + years.

Comment

I have a 70# recurve

Comment

I haven’t shot 70 in years backed mine down to 63 and like you it really made a difference.

Comment

Wimps!! JK

Comment

Never shot 70#. My bow has been 55# since the beginning and arrows completely pass through deer and most hogs.

Comment

Totally joking on the ego thing.[emoji41] I started out hunting with a Bear Whitetail 2 that may have been 45 lbs. First 2 deer kills were with a 60 lb bow. I will take tight groups over draw weight anytime!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

My mind feels like I'm young, but the body is telling me no , more and more each year

Comment

Went from a 70 lb bow to 60 lb bow last year. Shooting 59 lbs currently. Was not having issues but wanted to be smart. Best decision I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            attaching ego to draw weight will do that to you I guess.
                            Truer words have never been spoken.

I have a Bowtech Tribute with 80lb limbs as my back up bow. I bought it 13 years ago for caribou hunting in Alaska thinking I could shoot farther on the open tundra. The only thing it did was make it harder to draw because I wasn't any more accurate past 50 yards. And now I'm not sure I can even draw that thing now.

Comment

I hear ya man. I was in there yesterday when you came in. I had the black dna with flo green accessories Charlie was gonna set up for my son. It’s set on 45lbs, my son decided he didn’t want it so I shot it this morning at 45lbs & man it felt good. It’s a lot different than my 70lb Full Throttle. I’m thinking I may just hunt with it. I’m gonna shoot it through the chrony & see what’s it shooting with my zombie slayer shafts & maybe turn it up to 50lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X