No announcement yet.

tired of junk can openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife has a little battery operated one that you just set it on top and turn it on. Walk away, do something else, come back and the can is open. Don’t have a clue where it came from. Helpful huh ?

Comment

I have a kitchen aide and it works good and have had it for several years of regular use.

https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KC...87101971&psc=1

Comment

OXO Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener

It cuts through the rim and doesn't leave any sharp edge for you to hurt yourself.

Comment

tired of junk can openers

Can’t beat a hand powered one. Haven’t owned an electric one in years cuz it was junk and took up counter space. We don’t care to have a can opener on the counter 24/7. [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            Swiss Army knife... but it sounds like you already know that.
            been using one since about 1974,,,

why? because it works

that's why she is always asking me to open the cans,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              My wife has a little battery operated one that you just set it on top and turn it on. Walk away, do something else, come back and the can is open. Don’t have a clue where it came from. Helpful huh ?
              at least you tried!

Comment

We've got a Pampered chef one that I really like. It's opened thousands of cans and still works good as new. The way it works, you can put the lid back on the can if you need to as well. My wife is not crazy about it because it's manual. She likes the lektrik ones...

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                  OXO Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener

It cuts through the rim and doesn't leave any sharp edge for you to hurt yourself.
                  whats the fun in that,,, if i get cut bad enough i get a little sympathy,,, at at my age i need all i can get!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    We've got a Pampered chef one that I really like. It's opened thousands of cans and still works good as new. The way it works, you can put the lid back on the can if you need to as well. My wife is not crazy about it because it's manual. She likes the lektrik ones...
                    That is the one I got too, I like it pretty good. No sharp edges and dont have to worry about the lid falling down in the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by djs303 View Post
                      I have a kitchen aide and it works good and have had it for several years of regular use.

https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KC...87101971&psc=1
                      This is what I have. Nice big handles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                        P-38. But get one with good steel. My wife bought some that were soft. I have had mine on my key ring since 1972 and still good. Never has failed. Mine was made by Shelby Corp and GI issue.

A little practice and she'll never give it up.
                        Got mine in 72 as well....... Still on my ring, still works just fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          P-38 or P-51, always works, and close thread.

Amazon or any of the old Army-Navy stores. The one I carry was given to me in 1994 in Dona Ana NM (North Ft Bliss), so 26 years and hasn't failed a time.

Exactly!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The cheapy HEB ones are great. A buck some. Just gotta buy 1 or 2 a year.

Comment

Swing-A-Way

Swing-A-Way
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Cutco. We've had the same one for years and my wife hasn't complained since we bought it.

https://www.cutco.com/products/produ...tem=can-opener
                                We moved up to custom stuff made here from their knives, and still use their pizza cutter, kitchen sheers, spatula, and pearing knife.
                                Will buy the can opener. Would of made a great Christmas gift this year at that price.......

Comment

Working...
                                X