Grapple Bucket Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapple Bucket Options

I am having a 3rd function remote added to my tractor soon and looking at different options for the actual grapple attachment. Tractor is a M9540 4wd

I have looked at the rock type that have more a of skeleton type based with two clamps and the clamshell type.

I will mostly be using it to haul brush after cut it down or push it down with bucket.
    Just wanted to see what is the preferred from any more experienced people.

To be honest the more ive been around them i think my next one will be like the Armstrong Brush Rake Grapple ones. The ones that have more of a high straight back short teeth and then a big clam over the top.

I have 2 different styles of the more rock bucket style ones and they both have the pros and cons. I find myself wanting to rake alot and then grapple up. with the long tines on the bucket style they want to dig in the dirt and run under roots real bad causing your loader to tweak.

The armstrong ag one has the pipe across the bottomn to help set the depth so it doesnt gouge as bad.

Comment

One other tip i strongly suggest. buy as heavy duty as you can find. I prefer the more teeth the better

Comment

Also have the dealer run 1/2 in or 5/8 hoses up to the front couplers. That way later if you want to put a hydrualic auger on the front you will have plenty of flow. Since ive rigged my auger up that way my 3pt one is leaned up against a tree somehwere.

Comment

Bought the Armstrong one 5 or 6 years ago for my tractor. Its a brush moving Boss, When I trim my oak trees or clearing I push the limbs or stack them in a line. Start at the end with grapple wide open and load er up. Very versatile, one thing I wish they had beefed up the steel a little more. I have picked ups some large trees and what not and some of the cross bars connecting the teeth have bent a little. Other than that its been great.

Comment

I’ve got one on my tractor with two clamps, and the one I have for my ctl just has one. I wish I would have got a double clamp for the ctl as well.

Comment

Ritchie Brothers. This one has a skid mount but They usually have tractor style grapples. This grapple was a fraction of the cost as name brand and does the same job. I can replace the hoses and cylinder out 4/5 times and still won’t have the same $$ into it as a new name brand grapple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the replies. I will most sure a get a stout one. I have been looking at the armstrong ag Skelton one. they have one with teeth spaced 4" apart and another one with teeth probably 12" apart. I believe both have dual clamps.

Comment

I bought a lighter one so it didn't take away from the lift of the tractor. I have a frontier and have used the crap out of it. It's only have a 25hp tractor but that grapple has pulled its worth of youpon.

I've put the tractor on 2 wheels and not bent it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

[INDEN[/INDENT]
                    Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                    thanks for the replies. I will most sure a get a stout one. I have been looking at the armstrong ag Skelton one. they have one with teeth spaced 4" apart and another one with teeth probably 12" apart. I believe both have dual clamps.
                    Get water added to the rear tires. Have to equal out the tractor with the added weight of grapple and what is in the grapple.

Comment

I own the rock style and have used the more straight back style, the straight back is what you want!

For your size tractor you want heavy duty and water in the back tires will make everything better

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        I own the rock style and have used the more straight back style, the straight back is what you want!

For your size tractor you want heavy duty and water in the back tires will make everything better
                        Thanks and yes already have water in tires.

Comment

Working...
                        X