Tslc ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tslc ?

Texas State Longbow Championships question.

Is the Blackwidow PL longbow legal at this shoot?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

If it fits these measurements it is legal

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

^^^^^^^What he said, Rick!!!!!!

Comment

Well the PL is a D&R bow just like depicted in the bottom example of the picture, but it is cut to center, so I guess it is disqualified.

Of course, any arrow you put on it would be outside center, but I ain't gonna complain.
        I guess if I want to shoot there I'll just have to use a different bow.
        Been thinking about getting a Weasly Special anyway.

To bad though - I really like this BW.

Comment

Sent you a PM rick!

Bisch

Comment

It is not cut to center that matters . It would hve to be center shot. The jig does not check that anyway. I have seen several BW bows . Even Bob's bows are cut 3/16 past and there are alot of them shooting it.

Comment

ok i understand

Comment

I see what you're saying.

With the strike plate material it actually measures about +1/8" before center.

Looks like I'm good to go then.

I shot this shoot a couple of times a long time ago, and was hoping to get to shoot it this year if my knee surgery recovery is quick enough.

Thanks for the info my Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                  Well the PL is a D&R bow just like depicted in the bottom example of the picture, but it is cut to center, so I guess it is disqualified.

Of course, any arrow you put on it would be outside center, but I ain't gonna complain.
                  I guess if I want to shoot there I'll just have to use a different bow.
                  Been thinking about getting a Weasly Special anyway.

To bad though - I really like this BW.
                  Yep looks like my White Wolf won't make the cut either, cut to center and pistol grip......rats.

Comment

your BW will be ok. Mine was

Comment

The funny thing is that the rules say no weighted risers. However they allow take down bows with the bow bolt. How is that not?? The other thing is I have seen plenty of people shooting Bob Lee sticks there. That bow is close to a "pistol grip" as I have ever seen. If you think in relative terms my 1911 and most other pistols I own have straighter grips than most bows being shot. From what I saw, the only thing being enforced is the riser thickness above and below the shelf and wether the string touches the limb. Personally, I could care less. As I have said a million times "It aint the bow, it's the monkey pulling the string back." Two years ago I had Bob Sarrels take my bow to get it "approved". The bow looks like the one in the top picture. They turned the bow down because it was about a 1/16 too thick above the shelf. I took it back and asked what was so radical about the bow that I couldn't shoot it. The guys took the bow and forced it ino the jig and said close enough and approved it. As much as attendance has fallen off I feel they should just open their arms to all longbow shooters with one piece bows period. We all have to shoot the same targets on two very different days. It is their shoot however and I will do whatever they want. My .02...

Comment

I'm still new to all this and am wondering what the difference is between "center shot" and "cut to center." My Bear Montana longbow is supposedly cut to center, but from what I understand, it is not "center shot" because the arrow does not rest exactly in the center. Is that the difference? "Center shot" means the arrow has to be resting exactly in the center of the shelf? If so, then I guess that means to be disqualified, the bow would have to be cut way past center, right?

Comment

Correct Equin.
                          Since this shoot requires wooden arrows and they are 11/32 or 23/64 a bow cut 1/8 to 3/16 past center is still not center shot.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks!

Comment

You are good to go Rick. I hope to make it this year after a long layoff...Van

Comment

Working...
                              X