More money, more problems.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHT View Post
    A 25 year old just married guy gets caught by his wife using the ATM $100 inside a jiggle joint on a night he was supposed to be at work.

A 50 year old gets caught in the same situation except its a $5000 ATM withdraw.

One guy is going to spend a lot more money correcting the error in judgement.

This should sum up your dilemma.

The guy with $5,000 to blow had more fun. I wanna be that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      The guy with $5,000 to blow had more fun. I wanna be that guy.

To get out of the jam the $5000 guy sends his upset wife & buds he got caught with wives to Cabo with a bunch of her friends to take a much needed break.

What do you think they do down there?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Every really rich person I’ve ever known, and known well, was greedy to the point that they worried about their wealth. I can count these guys on the fingers of one hand mind you, but that’s been my observation. Always wanting more……..
        And I’d say their focus and consciousness of wealth is what paved the way for their wealth.

Yes, more money is more problems. For instance a poor hourly guy isn’t going to get blackmailed by a one night stand, a wealthy guy might.

But it sure is easier to write a check and make those things go away

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          To get out of the jam the $5000 guy sends his upset wife & buds he got caught with wives to Cabo with a bunch of her friends to take a much needed break.

What do you think they do down there?

Oh I know this one. Catch crabs?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

But it sure is easier to write a check and make those things go away
            If I had $6,500 for every time I had to write a mistress a check...

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              Being poor has the ability to avoid problems. Best example I can think of is taxes. The IRS won't go after you if you owe less than $10,000, so I have heard. It takes more financial power paying the investigator to go after you than what they would make.

Just do like me and be poor! Life is better when you have nothing to lose!
              100% I am not picking on you but you just PAID someone to remodel your bathroom. That sir, ain’t poor. Again, not necessarily picking on you because I am not poor either and will not apologize for 1 single thing I have

Comment

Money magnifies the person that you are. You’re a good person you can do great things with money. You’re a guy that would step on any neck possible for some money, well it exemplifies that too.

Comment

having the money to afford toys means that you have paid for them, not on credit. the only ones that worry about maintenance and repairs are the ones that can barely make the payments to start with. but as stated, money is a magnifier. if you're a horses rear end then money will just make you a bigger one.
                  to the OP; the more money you have the more responsibility you have. some people are intimidated by that responsibility and would rather stay in their current position.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                    100% I am not picking on you but you just PAID someone to remodel your bathroom. That sir, ain’t poor. Again, not necessarily picking on you because I am not poor either and will not apologize for 1 single thing I have
                    No worries buddy I was being facetious. I do come from humble beginnings. When speaking truthfully, the problems are just different. It probably goes with the personality of the individual as well. I think some folks are perfectly fine living a stress free life flipping burgers for a living while others find the exact same amount of happiness working for a 6 figure job and utilizing their earnings to provide happiness (boat, lease, vacations, etc.) The problems are just different problems. Burger flipper may have stresses about paying for college for his kids, and 6 figure guy may have stresses paying the IRS, or if he is a business owner, stresses about paying his burger flippers so they can pay for college.

Truthfully, everyone's situation and personality is different, so its impossible to corral everyone into a category. If the individual is happy and can provide for himself or herself, that's what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                      The things I have seen in my profession. More money equals more toys, houses, boats, cars………they always have something breaking therefore they are always having to fix them which cost them more money which in return leads to more problems. Don’t know that it’s all about the “rich”. Just more possessions from having more money.
                      This is resins for the saying

Comment

More money, more options

Comment

Rich

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          I can't say exactly what I'd do if I was rich. First thing I'd do is give a big chunk of it to my mom. She works hard. Works two jobs and runs a dog rescue. I'd make sure she was only running her dog rescue because I know that's what she truly loves to do.

What would I do for myself?......A vehicle. A good one.

I've thought about it and I don't really know of anything I need that I don't have already. Food and all that. That's covered. I guess not much of anything really that I need. I could think of a lot of things I don't need but I think I'd still be stuck in the mindset I am now. It's hard to buy stuff I don't need.
                          OK it sounds like you would like to be to help other folks with their problems-which is admirable. I like to think that if I had billions I would spend a few in Africa building water wells, schools and hospitals-not too mention just getting them a steady food supply. I have always been impressed with Danny Thomas and his St. Jude’s operation. What a legacy! At some point it seems like you would say enough for me time to spread it but it does not seem to work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            Being poor has the ability to avoid problems. Best example I can think of is taxes. The IRS won't go after you if you owe less than $10,000, so I have heard. It takes more financial power paying the investigator to go after you than what they would make.

Just do like me and be poor! Life is better when you have nothing to lose!
                            I ain't rich. And you heard wrong..
                            They sent me a demand letter requesting $180. bucks..
                            But the priviledged Al Sharden owes millions, for years....
                            But, then I'm not a race baiting pimp, either.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                              I think of that saying more in the context of, “money can’t buy happiness.” It can ruin family relations, marriages, friendships, etc if mismanaged or prioritized over more important things.

Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

More money, more taxes. When you have more money, you buy more things, more expensive thing. It's guaranteed, all of those expensive things will cause you more problems, because they will need expensive maintenance. Then trying to invest money wisely, not loose it in large chunks. When people find out you have money, you will always have people trying to figure out how to get some of your money.

Comment

Working...
                                X