Silencer Central- Banish 30 suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silencer Central- Banish 30 suppressor

Think I’m ready to get into the suppressed shooting game. Looking at using silencer central to set up the trust and file the paperwork. Has anyone used them, is the process as smooth as they describe?

Looking at the Banish 30 & Banish 233 supressors. Thinking of getting 1 of each so my son and I don’t have to share 😂, and so one is versatile and will fit my 25-06 and most other future purchases. Anyone shooting these cans? Likes/dislikes?

I would highly advise against buying anything from silencer central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
      I would highly advise against buying anything from silencer central.

Care to expound? Personal experience? Recent bad press I need to be aware of? Feel free to PM me, but if they have a negative reputation seems others should know too

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Care to expound? Personal experience? Recent bad press I need to be aware of? Feel free to PM me, but if they have a negative reputation seems others should know too

I’ve been told by someone who works for a very large dealer and owns north of 150+ suppressors that they are poor construction and a poor company to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
          I’ve been told by someone who works for a very large dealer and owns north of 150+ suppressors that they are poor construction and a poor company to deal with.

Thanks, that’s good info

Comment

I was recently in the same spot. I am new to suppressors and was looking at the banish 30. I went to a couple different shops and nobody had heard of it or the brand. They all steered me away from it due to being unknown, and oddly a user serviceable rifle can. In the end I wound up going with the nomad-L. I decided I didn't want to skimp now and regret it later.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy something from Dead Air, Silencer Co, or YHM.

Comment

Also give Capitol armory in Cedar Park a call, they will walk you through basically everything and will find the right can for your needs.

Comment

I checked them out at the SCI show, but was not impressed. I ended up purchasing a Q Trash Panda through Silencer Shop about 30-40 days ago. Just a waiting game now.

Comment

I surfed the Silencer Central site months ago & was almost woo’d into the Banish product too. Felt like nobody had any info on it besides their sales site. It maybe a good product but I moved on.

I recently bought from the Silencer Shop for multiple reasons & good feedback from multiple sources.
                    The online process is easy, using the kiosk is easy. I’ve received good communication via emails & everything has been timely.
                    Went with the Dead Air Nomad 30 which has a heck of a lot of info & reviews out there.
                    Good luck

Comment

Silencer central was easiest to deal with, they do sell other brands as well not just their can. Everything is done over the phone essentially text them your pic, you can roll your own finger prints at home and mail them in, e sign your docs they call you and share screens and they submit your stuff on atf and done. Pretty easy never left the house

Comment

I would definitely steer away from the no name stuff, I went to Waymore silencers on the 5th
                        They deal with Silencer Shop, like the others said, very easy and lots of communication and emails also text. Go to YouTube and look at reviews of different silencers, Dead Air makes good stuff and has tons of positive feedback, I went with the Wolfman for a CMMG Banshee 9mm

Comment

So for some clarity, Banish is Silencer Central’s own brand, titanium components and baffles are interchangeable. That said, they do carry other brands and I wasn’t married to The Banish model. I’m actually more interested in their process. They establish the Trust and handle all of the e-file details and you don’t pay for your can upfront, 4 payments, last one due prior to shipping. The also offer barrel threading for $100, which I will need for 2 of the rifles.

But I agree this is too costly and lengthy process to make a mistake on the suppressor being of poor quality

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            So for some clarity, Banish is Silencer Central’s own brand, titanium components and baffles are interchangeable. That said, they do carry other brands and I wasn’t married to The Banish model. I’m actually more interested in their process. They establish the Trust and handle all of the e-file details and you don’t pay for your can upfront, 4 payments, last one due prior to shipping. The also offer barrel threading for $100, which I will need for 2 of the rifles.

But I agree this is too costly and lengthy process to make a mistake on the suppressor being of poor quality

Silencershop or Capitol Armory are both here in Texas and have good reputations. They can offer the same services and can steer you in the right direction on a can that fits your wants and purposes.

I would not buy a .223 silencer because you can’t use it on any caliber larger than 223 and the sound difference between a .223 can and a .308 can will not be discernible to your ear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mike is right about the 223 can. I have both and you can't tell the difference. You can buy a .30 cal can and a 22lr can and knock out most of what you need. Of course after a week or two of shooting those you will be looking for more to add to the collection.

I've got several of them already and have 3 in my capitol armory cart right now.

I'm another vote for capitol armory, they make it as easy as it can be. I've bought a few from them.

Comment

Working...
                              X