Labrador Retriever Breeders & Trainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labrador Retriever Breeders & Trainers

A buddy of mine is looking to either get a new lab pup and send it off to retriever training school or go ahead and buy a started dog.

Reaching out to the green screen to get some recommendations on reputable breeders and/or retriever trainers (preferably geared towards waterfowl).

Disclaimer: He's been down the road of trying to train his current dog himself but I don't think he has the time or the patience to get her where he wants her to be. She's getting up there in age and doesn't have many seasons left in her.

What's he like to do?

Duck Hunt? Upland? He want a traditional retriever for upland or want one that has a tendency to point?

I had 2 dogs from from here a buddy. Had 3.

Mitch White, Gamekeepers Retrievers 2-day "Designing Training Set-Ups"  Seminar Mark you calendars - October 5th & 6th, 2024 ​ Hosted by Marsh-Mutt Manor labs at Reed's  Retreat Please e-mail me...

I trained them for Hunt Testing & Hunting with the hope of opening my own kennel. That didn't happen.
    My yellow female was a retrieving machine. If I dropped something and she was around I learned not to reach for it cause she'd already be reaching for it. My Black male. He was laid back in the house. Once I got the gear out he was all business.

Comment

If he wants a duck dog I’d look up The Retriever Acedemy in Miami Oklahoma and see what litters they have coming up. My current lab came from them and she’s an awesome dog. Smartest dog I’ve ever owned, extremely fast learner, will retrieve non stop and is an absolute machine, is an awesome family dog, doesn’t have any bad habits, and has been phenomenal. I wouldn’t hesitate to get another dog from them. My only regret was not having her finished out until later in her life. Both of her parents are HRCH and MH titled dogs. I’m pretty sure her dad is a GRHRCH. And it goes back at least 3 generations in her bloodline.

These are working dogs. They will require time and attention. Not saying you have to run trials with them or work them daily but you have to give them attention and play fetch. I mess with mine several times a week just to give her exercise. Some days are more training involved and just trying to stay sharp on commands and others are just for fun. 20 mins a day is plenty for a dog that’s bred to do what they are capable of.

They are also wonderful family dogs. It still amazes me how she can turn that switch on and on depending on whether or not we are hunting or if we are at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Randy McBrayer with Little River Kennels

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          What's he like to do?

Duck Hunt? Upland? He want a traditional retriever for upland or want one that has a tendency to point?

I had 2 dogs from from here a buddy. Had 3.

Mitch White, Gamekeepers Retrievers 2-day "Designing Training Set-Ups"  Seminar Mark you calendars - October 5th & 6th, 2024 ​ Hosted by Marsh-Mutt Manor labs at Reed's  Retreat Please e-mail me...

I trained them for Hunt Testing & Hunting with the hope of opening my own kennel. That didn't happen.
          My yellow female was a retrieving machine. If I dropped something and she was around I learned not to reach for it cause she'd already be reaching for it. My Black male. He was laid back in the house. Once I got the gear out he was all business.
          He'll dove hunt some in September but as soon as November hits it's nothing but duck hunting.

Comment

check out Best Retrievers in Paige as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
              check out Best Retrievers in Paige as well.

This

Comment

Edmonds Extreme Gun Dogs, Anahuac, TX. (409)267-7029

Primarily trains waterfowl dogs. Sells all over US.

Comment

Mark Strickland at Marsh Dog Kennels in Giddings. He’s got two of my dogs right now and is one of the best trainers on the hunt test circuit.

Comment

I have a dog in George West now with Lone Star Retrievers. I’ve been extremely happy with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X