No announcement yet.

Butchering beef DYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to hire some cowboys to get one loaded up to take to get butchered somewhere. I know it would be a lot of work to do on your own. But if you ain’t scared go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
      Is it possible to hire some cowboys to get one loaded up to take to get butchered somewhere. I know it would be a lot of work to do on your own. But if you ain’t scared go for it.
      Cut the water source off and then trap and load with a portable chutes, then feed them out, frenchies should settle down some

Comment

Can you take a dead one or a quartered up one to the processor? or does it have to be alive and delivered to them?

I've had people say that because of brands, cattle rustling, etc you cant take them in dead. Also I'm sure the processor wants to make alittle extra by killing it themselves

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
          That's an option. I think the local cattle barn, has some cowboy's. MAYBE.

Comment

You can grind and make sausage with young bulls and it's good, add some pork or beef fat. I used to make sausage for my Dad with young bulls, the age was under a year and sometimes 6 months. I had a good grinder and stuffer, but still, lots of work. Also hanging the beef is does help even overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post

A bags of cubes and a cpl weeks of consistent training will probably calm 'em down.
              They way to cattle's head is through their stomach. (more often than not)
              or
              Give it a shot (so to speak)
              This right here! Cows are just like democrats. Put out the free stuff and they will come. The sweeter the better.

Comment

Realistically it will be tuff. I would grind all but tenderloins personally.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are mobile processors. Might be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                    There are mobile processors. Might be worth it.

Yep.

If you have Facebook. Check this guy out.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I did a heifer that had a snapped femur. We lifted it with a backhoe and cut it like a deer or elk. All the steaks were boneless because I didn’t have a bandsaw.

It was quite a bit different than breaking down a carcass the right way, but it worked.

Comment

Did you get it butchered yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                          Did you get it butchered yet?
                          Check out the swollen manhood thread.

Same guy. Got kicked in the nuts.

He’s probably on the couch with a beer in one hand and an ice pack on the twins.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post

He’s probably on the couch with a beer in one hand and an ice pack on the twins.

I guess he was right. Those cows are crazy.

Comment

My neighbor had over a dozen young bulls getting out everyday and and crazy as heck.

She called the local livestock auction house and was put in touch with a local cowboy. He came out and rounded up all of them and hauled them to the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post

Thought maybe he skipped the doc n went straight to slayin cows

Comment

Working...
                                X