Anybody know where to buy a SAM tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gotten 'back' into trad archery and shooting my Red Wing Hunter. After shooting a 100# sow last Saturday, I'm hooked.

I have had a SAM (Super Archery Mitt) tab for years, and after spending an hour on Google, have concluded it's not made any more. There seem to have been 2- one made by Martin Archery and it's not on their web site. Amazon, eBay no luck. All others like Three Rivers say out of stock.

It's by far the most comfortable I've used. I'm afraid what happens if I lost it?

Anybody have an idea of where to buy 2 more?

Here's an opportunity for a leather guy to start making them- I'd lend mine as a template (it's 1 piece of leather and 4 rivets) in October when duck season opens.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Try the nocking point 918-242-3602

Comment

I'm your Huckleberry! If you want this one, just Pm me your address, and I will send it to your door! if I ever make it out to Cali, you can take me pig hunting ( I've always wanted to shoot one of those liberal pigs! ) , or just buy me a beer! It is right hand, medium size, and has never been used.

Also, I know guys who have made their own. They just take an old one apart when it is about used up and trace it onto a new piece of leather.

Just let me know if you want this one, and I will get it sent off to you.

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 08-07-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I also found an old one that I will throw in too. It has been trimmed a bit, and does not have the wrist strap, but you could use it for a backup, or for a pattern to make your own.

Bisch

Comment

You can't beat that ! ^^^^^^^^

Comment

God bless Texas, you folks always come through.

Before taking you up on the great offer, I wonder how much smaller the medium is than a large? It's 3" across this dimension.

Comment

Idk, this one appears to be the same width. Idk if the finger loops are different or not????

Bisch

Comment

PM sent, thanks.

Comment

I did not get a PM from you, Bill?

Bisch

Comment

I tried a second time.
                    I think Tapatalk sent the first as a tapatalk msg.

Comment

Got it and replied! They will be in he mail tomorrow!

Bisch

Comment

I've been using a SAM tab for about 20 years, making my own for probably 15+ of those.

Take one apart, trace it out on a piece of whatever, and use as a pattern on your leather of choice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	samtab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	24456057

A hole punch, 4 short (long pictured, didn't dig out the short ones) hammer rivets, and you're good to go.

Pay attention to which side you want out, or you will wind up with a LH tab. Marked my pattern after doing that once.

Cordovan seems to last forever. The tab on the right I've been using for about 12 years, it is well broken in. The one on the left, I just made last weekend to replace the spare a gave away a couple of weeks ago.

They aren't hard to make, take your time with the scissors cutting it out. Trim the ends as needed/wanted when finished.

Comment

Tom,
                          Where did you get the Cordovan?
                          Thanks,
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                            Tom,
                            Where did you get the Cordovan?
                            Thanks,
                            Ben
                            Ben, I got it from Brettuns Village, about 12 years ago. I've made 4 or 5 tabs out of it, (need to stop giving my spares away ) this piece is all I have left big enough to make a tab with. I think I can get 2 more when needed with careful layout/cutting.

I had another piece I got from them around 2008, if I remember correctly. It was black, and a bit thinner. That one got used up a few years ago making tabs for other people.

I have a few small pieces parts left, not big enough for a tab, I've used for shelf material.

I haven't called to check on when/if they have any more in 4-5 years, but in checking around on the net, it is not any easier to come by now than it was when I got it. They sell out pretty much as soon as they get it.

Comment

Thanks! Y'all get west to the Left Coast and we can chase some animals. All the pigs I've ever seen are European decent, few feral domestic.

Comment

Working...
                              X