No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldnt expect them to get rut stupid until the end of november. I have been trying to rattle in something but it seems to be a waste of time so far. I had a 9 point walk by and he didnt even turn and look at me when I blew the grunt. So they are either over spooked and over pressured. I think they are over spooked because I hear people driving and truck doors slamming about an hour before dark. Im glad I put 2 down opening weekend because its looking like WW2 is going to happen opening gun season. What does everyone else think?

Comment

As many people that are showing up to hunt on all the public land the past couple years and this year especially I would bet gun season could get scary. I would bet rut will get in swing after the first good cold snap that last a little while. Does anyone hunt or know if many people hunt the State land??

Comment

well, for the third year in a row, my equipment is officially stolen from twin buttes, and has ruined my hunting season again.
        last year my kids and i (8 yrs old) set up a small 5 gallong bucket feeder, and even put a note on it asking to please not steal... my son was really looking forward to getting his first deer. they shot the lock off with a shotgun, and stole the feeder and my game cam. shot the lock off the cam as well.

well, two weeks ago i put out another 5 gallon bucket, this time with no motor. just a hanging ball type feeder. stole it this weekend, and left the lid.

this time, i got them on camera..... they failed to spot the camera..

wanna know what's really nice? IT WAS A MEMBER OF THIS BOARD, WHOM I HAVE MET.

let's see if my feeder shows back up this weekend. if it shows back up, i'll drop it. if not, i'll be posting their pic up on here.

have fun with that *******.

Comment

Post it!!!

Comment

Tuned in!

Comment

Post it! Even if yours gets returned, who knows how many others got jacked by same guy?

Comment

Post a pic of the guy. Rather he returns it or not he needs a punishment. And what better punishment than to be known as a thief on TBH.

Comment

imagine that.... i show up yesterday on a whim, and my sh it is sitting there, by the tree i hung it from. amazing. i was hoping to catch him in the act, so i showed up. i was going to sit there, and "watch nature". it was on the ground. funny thing, where i had my name scratched in it was all sanded off. friggin 40 dollar bucket feeder, and the guy stole it and then scratched my name off. can't wait to see you in the woods bud...

i'm a man of my word, and i'm not going to post his pic.

Comment

The suspense is killing me...

Comment

Yeah that sux so beware if you hunt twin buttes there is guy that has sticky fingers and sand paper on the loose unless you catch him on camera

Comment

Your too nice of guy I would of posted pics and asked questions later. Well hope whoever it was has learned a lesson . These newer cameras are super cool and stealthy

Comment

Freaking people suck!!. What unit was it in? If you dont mind me asking.. I have had a camera stolen out there before as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                            Your too nice of guy I would of posted pics and asked questions later. Well hope whoever it was has learned a lesson . These newer cameras are super cool and stealthy
                            x2

Comment

My son hunts out there. Post it returned or not!

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                                Area 5 back fence line; didn't realize how many other hunters were actually out there too till I drove by yesterday later than usual and had 3 **** vehicles parked off the side of 67; anyone on the green screen wanna come forward and claim hunting in area 5 too?

Anyone having any luck on the twin buttes property?

Anyone having any luck on the State Park property?
                                JD,

I know 3 guys set up in Area V. Two of them hunt the same set-up. They have a feeder and blind up now. They say they are seeing good deer over there, but everything is going stealth before daylight.

What are the vehicles?

Comment

Working...
                                X