• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a nice idea!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
        Do you think it would help to put some type of insulation under the floor to help with the noise? Or would two layers of carpet take care of it?
        Two layers will help. Maybe old shag carpet. I think a swivel office chair will work best though. Just make sure it doesn't squeak. We were using a bag chair, and it made too much noise. Be ultra careful when you move your feet.

Comment

We had one on a platform the only problem we ran into was once up there we couldn't shoot out of it sitting down because of the way the windows are in the pop-up

Comment

Here is "part" of a pic of mine. 3 Feet off the gound.

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
              Here is "part" of a pic of mine. 3 Feet off the gound.

I like that. If I have trouble shooting out of mine because of the height, I will just cut the legs down as far as I need to.

I just need it high enough to shoot over the feeder pen..

Comment

Nice Work.

Comment

I need to get started on one! what a great idea.

Comment

D, I have made up my mind that Ill build mine like yours. Metal will cost me more than I want and I have some gift cards to lowes. My ladder will be metal though cuz I already have one. My blind is tall enough for me to stand up, draw and shoot so I should be ok to go with the 10' legs. what do you think about doing the cross beams on the legs? how steady are your legs??

Also Ill probably put an anchor in the ground under the platform to hold it a little better from the hight winds out that way.

Comment

We just placed 3 of these out at the lease this last weekend. Cross brace all 4 legs! It will make a hugh difference. Tie off to any trees close. All the ones we put out were 7' tall. One of them has 2x12 butted together as decking. That made for a heavy SOB but you can tell the difference in how steady it is over the ones with plywood decks. Make sure you put some kind of sound dampening down on the decks. I am looking into the rubber mats at TS for this.

LWR2

Comment

Good info. i plan to build one. But it will have a safty railing around it. Just incase.

Comment

It looks pretty good!

Comment

Damon, Did you get any pictures of the project going up and finished.

Comment

nice job wil have to try this one out

Comment

Originally posted by thor View Post
                                Damon, Did you get any pictures of the project going up and finished.
                                I have not put the pop up blind on the platform as of yet. I will wait until the end of August or the first week of Sept. for that.

When it is all finished I will have cross braces on the legs, it is steady without them because I have it secured to some of the trees. A little extra can't hurt.

My legs are 7' long and with the angle I think it is like 6' 8" to the top of the platform...

Comment

Working...
                                X