Aransas NWR standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aransas NWR standby

27 standby tags available this weekend at Aransas for anyone interested. Check out their FB page for more info. $130 2 deer either sex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bow or rifle?

Comment

How did you find out number if standbys?

Comment

Comment

There were 9 stand-by slots to fill for the first rifle hunt this past friday, hunt on going and ends next wed.

Any hunting reports?

Comment

Oh man, if I had any extra vacation days I’d be there in a heartbeat. Last year was tons of fun, but I felt like I was just beginning to figure a bit of the place out by the last day.

Comment

I would have been there... but had to come to nephews bday party down south.

Maybe at the end of the month.

Comment

We left for home today empty handed. Passed on a hog Saturday afternoon and didn’t see anything the rest of our hunt. Helped a guy off of cow camp road on scouting day. It was our first time down, hope to go back the full hunt next time.

Comment

Hogs are the one thing we had no problem seeing and killing our trip last year. Deer, not so much. Cow camp road is sketchy when it’s wet! Been a year since I’ve been there and I still remember that road.

I’m hoping to make it the next 2 hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogz217 View Post

We left for home today empty handed. Passed on a hog Saturday afternoon and didn’t see anything the rest of our hunt. Helped a guy off of cow camp road on scouting day. It was our first time down, hope to go back the full hunt next time.
                    How was the pasture? Was it still wet. I drew but can't seem to get motivated in this heat. I may show up tomorrow evening just to say I went. Been home helping the wife out that just had shoulder surgery last Friday, but she's up and around now. So I'll probably show manana.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      How was the pasture? Was it still wet. I drew but can't seem to get motivated in this heat. I may show up tomorrow evening just to say I went. Been home helping the wife out that just had shoulder surgery last Friday, but she's up and around now. So I'll probably show manana.

Everywhere we stepped was wet, couldn’t find a dry spot. But also didn’t quite get around to every area on scouting day.

I put the board from the weekend on my first post but now am not seeing it, here it is again if y’all can’t see it.

Comment

Debating on going down for a standby, anybody else?

Comment

Heard it's an all you can eat for mosquito's there. I guess not to many hunters want to go there if they have that many standby's available. I'll be at the Chaparral on the 27, 28, and 29th.

Comment

I dunno, with the cold weather it will drive them down a little bit. I can't decide if I should go or not

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                              Heard it's an all you can eat for mosquito's there. I guess not to many hunters want to go there if they have that many standby's available. I'll be at the Chaparral on the 27, 28, and 29th.
                              There's only standby hunter slots open for the permits not sold, no mechanism in place for no shows......

Any standby slots available today for the second rifle hunt?

Comment

Working...
                              X