No announcement yet.

Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there for standby drawing last year. I'd say 150 people were there.

Comment

Headed out for the weekend. Let me know if anyone is around we can meet up. I'll be there tonight and all day tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck this weekend I'd love to go but will be at the baylor game tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

If it dries out I might try and get out there Sunday to start marking my maps. Maybe snag a hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            Headed out for the weekend. Let me know if anyone is around we can meet up. I'll be there tonight and all day tomorrow.
            Good luck with the poison ivy, ticks, and rattlebugs

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

4" of rain overnight. No crossing creeks today unless you brought a white water kayak.
              Slept in my truck with the rain and lightning. Made for good sleeping until the truck would shake with each thunder crack.

Comment

150 for standby last year? More like 300. They picked close to 40 people and 10X that walked away...

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                  150 for standby last year? More like 300. They picked close to 40 people and 10X that walked away...

I just don't get it. They allotted 50 permits last year and gave 40 on standby? So 10 people who got drawn accepted their permits? Or did they add 40 to that?

I can't hunt the first weekend it opens but I'll sure as hell be there to check in and secure my spot. That's 4-5 hours on the road just for a shot at some venison and pork.
                  It's a small wonder why they don't open more public lands - with these kind of demand numbers it almost doesn't merit the additional resources to operate more public land.

Comment

Some very brave guys out there.

My guess is that the game wardens do not enforce the 72 hour rule?
                    Last edited by TN_boy; 09-22-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

[/quote]

Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 09-22-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I got drawn as well. Was picked 4 years ago also. Will see you at orientation on 10/20. Good luck gents.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                          I just don't get it. They allotted 50 permits last year and gave 40 on standby? So 10 people who got drawn accepted their permits? Or did they add 40 to that?

I can't hunt the first weekend it opens but I'll sure as hell be there to check in and secure my spot. That's 4-5 hours on the road just for a shot at some venison and pork.
                          It's a small wonder why they don't open more public lands - with these kind of demand numbers it almost doesn't merit the additional resources to operate more public land.

They hold some of these standby permits for people that will actually show up,

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

.[/QUOTE]

Is there a 72 hour rule on the books for Granger?, I know I've heard other guys refer to it on other public areas but it not a universal rule, every place has their own rules.
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 09-22-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

So is it 50 permits total including standby permits? Still trying to understand the way this draw system works.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Is there a 72 hour rule on the books for Granger?, I know I've heard other guys refer to it on other public areas but it not a universal rule, every place has their own rules.[/QUOTE]

Granger is held to APH rules:

Hunting Blinds, Gear and Equipment
                              --constructs or places a hunting blind, stand, tower, or platform within 50 yards of any designated road, marked unit boundary, or designated campsite;
                              --constructs a permanent blind, stand, tower, or platform
                              --leaves a hunting blind, stand, tower, or platform in place for more than 72 hours or uses metal nails, spikes, screws, or bolts to attach such structures to the timber;
                              --leaves personal gear, equipment (including decoys), or floating conveyances unattended for more than one hour following the close of legal shooting hours.
                              --Note: this does not apply to gear or equipment left within a designated camping area or for specific activities scheduled by the department.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                They hold some of these standby permits for people that will actually show up,

Is there a 72 hour rule on the books for Granger?, I know I've heard other guys refer to it on other public areas but it not a universal rule, every place has their own rules.[/QUOTE]

It may be in the book not sure but Derrick has always said put your stands where you want and leave them out if you want just respect the private landowners. Also that be prepared that they might get stolen if left out. People have brought it up and he has said technically that is the rule in the book if you want you can take it down and put it right back up if you want but nobody is enforcing it so just be respectful and don't cause problems. All that's ever been said when I have been there.
                                You bring this up ever year....
                                Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 09-22-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X