2nd deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd deer

Greyson got his first deer back in November and that was awesome. Heres the post. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=748713
    Now he got his second one down. We are fortunate and got to hunt with a great group of people. We are part of Hill Country Bowhunters and Greyson, 7, along with other kids, are tasked with showing up once a month. Friday set up 3D shoot, Sundays go shoot, run concessions, then break down after all have finished. Its some dedication and work, but he earned his points and earned his exotic hunt.
    Last Friday came and we were loaded and stoked to head out. Grey had attend school and take a test before we headed out. Got that knocked out of the way and hit the road by 11. We headed West to Mountain Home area, hoe of The Arrowhead Ranch. Drive was beautiful as always. We arrived and set up. The evening hunt was short with no sightings. But the campfire, good food, and some cold beverages made it a great evening. The next morning brought alot of cool animals to look at. We had one opportunity at a sika doe, but he wanted to wait for a red stag cow or an axis doe. So we enjoyed our hunt with no harvest. We messed around the day. He ran around while I took a nap. The evening came and we were set up in an awesome stand called the "cliff stand". We found out why when we got there. As we walked up to this 16' tower, ther was nothing indicating a cliff. As we climbed in we realized the stand was on top of a canyon edge over looking a long range of diverse canyon and rugged terrain. It was an awesome view. If we didnt see anything, the stands view was good enough. We settled in and began to see some audad and other African animals filter down the road behind us. Grey was plent entertained. After about an hour and a half, an axis stepped out of the brush into the bottom of the canyon. I knew immediatly she was a really pretty doe. Grey got set up quickly and we were gaving issues with the sun setting in our faces and him having to stand and aim down to get a shot. After alot of movement and holding my hat to block the sun out of his eyes, she had enough and was headed out. I confirmed he was ready, took the safety off, whistled and she stopped. Seconds seemed like minutes......BOOM. She launched in the air and mule kicked as she bolted. Grey went nuts. He knew he made a great shot. We hugged and had some good high fives. A long walk down and a short track later, we were hugging and celebrating Gods gift to us. He nailed her right in the heart. 120+yard shot. 6.8 spc did it again. I'm super proud. First deer earlier this season, second deer down and its a freaking beautiful axis. Thanks,for reading. Disclaimer. I'm not re-reading this, so if there is grammer errors.......yeah..

Zach
    Attached Files

Awesome job little man! Congrats

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Good stuff! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome congrats!

Comment

Congrats Greyson

Comment

Great job young man. Congratulations! Hoping to see him get many more.

Comment

Great Story. Congrats young man.

Comment

Greyson says thanks.

Comment

Congratulation! I love it when the young ones get it done.

Comment

Congrats, that kid is on fire! Way to go!

Comment

That's awesome!! Way to go Greyson! That doe looks delicious!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s becoming quite a hunter

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Congratulations to you and the young man!

Comment

Working...
                              X