Coyotes are a big problem on my ranch

I got pics of a few Coyotes running my deer off the protein
    Wonder if they can scare the deer away

Shoot em

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
      I got pics of a few Coyotes running my deer off the protein
      Wonder if they can scare the deer away
      Learn how to setup snares that target coyotes. Very effective. There is a government trapper on our lease this year. He has caught over 40 since July. Now our gut piles and animal carcasses take several days to be consumed by vultures and what ever else. We have been on this place over 15 years. Before this year we would dump a boned out carcass and guts and gone by morning.

He said we should see a spike in deer population in the next couple years

Comment

I know a couple of pc guys!

Comment

I don't like snares if you aren't living on the place or can check it twice a day...

Calling can be great or just educate them

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
            I don't like snares if you aren't living on the place or can check it twice a day...

Calling can be great or just educate them
            When we ran snares, we ran them year round, and checked them when ever we could, sometimes things were kinda ripe
            But the goal was to reduce the predators
            Snares are cheap and effective, and do sometimes catch none target animals ( javalina , ect )
            You may want to set up conabear traps way more efficient then leg hold which do need more daily attention
            If you have dogs or pets messing around on the ranch expect to catch a few of them to in snares and traps ( drt )
            Attached Files

Comment

We use thermal gear and all them in to kill them ��

Comment

Conibears bigger than 7” used to be illegal to set on land.

Snares are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seen more on my place lately. They are even coming into a corn feeder to eat corn. Largest group was 5. They are very vocal recently and tried calling(at that feeder) last night. No luck. Did kill one that came in after we shot a doe
                  Attached Files

Comment

We've got them pretty bad on our place too. I shot one last week and my cousin got one yesterday. He said there were 10 within 250 yards of him... not sure if they were all at the same time though. I used snares once and caught a raccoon around the abdomen. It almost cut him in half, so I threw them all away. I don't like racoons, but hated that it suffed that. Might try some foot traps, or hunting a gut pile with several people.

Comment

Build a feed pen type pen with hog panels then use bolt cutters and cut a small coyote size hole in each corner and run a snare or foot trap at each hole- dump guts inside away from traps.... game on!

This allows vultures to still eat safely

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                        Build a feed pen type pen with hog panels then use bolt cutters and cut a small coyote size hole in each corner and run a snare or foot trap at each hole- dump guts inside away from traps.... game on!

This allows vultures to still eat safely
                        We did this a few weeks ago, 4 snares caught 3 feral hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                          We did this a few weeks ago, 4 snares caught 3 feral hogs.

Lol yep hogs will fall victim too but I have no problem with that, anchor snares to the Tpost

Comment

Land sets with #2 spring trap works great but likely to catch stray dogs, coons, opposum, or bobcats
                            There’s no natural predator for coyotes so it’s not surprising they are populating. I’d have some fun with a call & mojo set. Good luck

Comment

I saw six opening weekend, was able to kill two of them. Haven’t seen but one since, but they’re still out there

Comment

Working...
                              X