Feeder Colapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Colapse

Went to the ranch after a month of having my new Moultrie feeder set up and seeing it’s legs were a little off, I went to adjust it. Before I did though, I pulled the ground stake and the thing instantly collapsed, falling on my leg and foot with 150 lbs of corn. Luckily I’m just bruised and I didn’t have my kids with me. The leg just folded on itself and the plastic cracked in the process. It seems weird that a new feeder made to hold 200 lbs of feed in the elements, with animals grazing around it would have such structural integrity issues. Has anyone else had this happen?

Was it a 200 pound feeder? Most are 300#

And I've seen a lot of cheap legs on feeders. If they don't all sink the same it becomes unsafe.

Comment

Ouch, glad your ok.

Comment

We had a poly Moultrie feed that also broke at the plastic insert where the leg enters. Glad you’re ok

Comment

Send them pic's and request your money back plus and extra $100 for your leg

Comment

Originally posted by texasproud11 View Post
            Went to the ranch after a month of having my new Moultrie feeder set up and seeing it’s legs were a little off, I went to adjust it. Before I did though, I pulled the ground stake and the thing instantly collapsed, falling on my leg and foot with 150 lbs of corn. Luckily I’m just bruised and I didn’t have my kids with me. The leg just folded on itself and the plastic cracked in the process. It seems weird that a new feeder made to hold 200 lbs of feed in the elements, with animals grazing around it would have such structural integrity issues. Has anyone else had this happen?
            I'm glad you're ok! All of the cheaper plastic feeders like will do the same when loaded with feed, there is a reason they cost under $200. I've switched to all 1000lb low throw feeders so I never have to worry about these types of issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad your ok, could have been bad. Great time to replace with a stand and fill feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                Glad your ok, could have been bad. Great time to replace with a stand and fill feeder.
                I agree with this .... look at a Capsule feeder! Have saved my back and no more climbing ladders.

Comment

I would definitely look into Hang em' High feeders, best feeder ive ever seen and easy filling!

Comment

I bought a cheap plastic feeder about 2 months go, because I like the portability of it, when scouting new spots. Set it out and 2 weeks later when I moved it, it was already cracked.
                    Last edited by careybirdwell; 12-01-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Sounds about right for a Moultrie. Glad you weren't hurt badly.

Comment

Glad your ok could have been worse

Comment

Glad you are ok.

Comment

Moultree anything bites!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Was it a 200 pound feeder? Most are 300#

And I've seen a lot of cheap legs on feeders. If they don't all sink the same it becomes unsafe.
                              Yeah it was a 200#, academy gave my money back and I left it in the field supported by tpost.

Comment

Working...
                              X