Good fixed blade knife - suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fixed blade knife - suggestions?

I’ve been using several knives with exchangeable blades that are razor sharp until I get halfway through a deer and by the end or halfway through the second deer I have to replace the blade. So I’ve had the itch to buy a new fixed blade, quality knife. Anyone have any suggestions? Not afraid to try out any custom builders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some great custom makers on here. There’s also so great production lives out there.
    Price point will define what’s in your reach.
    What do you want to spend?

Comment

Here's a PM I got on Facebook from a customer that's bought several of my skinners. He gave this knife to a friend. That one is my model # 105
      Click image for larger version

Name:	75262081_2982090428485503_2562041897228959744_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24599271

Click image for larger version

Name:	75362512_2982090771818802_38057108209401856_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	24599272

Comment

I’ve got a custom from Mike C that I love but my benchmade also makes short work of animals

Comment

For a dedicated field dressing knife I love my Bemchmade Hidden Canyon. I also like the blade shape of the steep country which is a little more “all purpose”

I will get a custom knife one day once I figure out exactly what I want.

Comment

Knives of Alaska

Comment

Started using a Bubba Blade as a Skinner to see how it felt. I love it. Good Grip and Very sharp.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                Here's a PM I got on Facebook from a customer that's bought several of my skinners. He gave this knife to a friend. That one is my model # 105

[ATTACH]979816[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]979817[/ATTACH]

How long is the blade on that knife? Price?

Comment

I just watched a skinner knife review a guy in New Zeland did of a knock off China made Buck knife that was under $10 on Amazon. I know you usually get what you pay for but he compared it to several other brands and said it took and held an edge far better. They even looked pretty cool and shipped free. I was considering buying a few of them and just rotating them as they got dull and sharpen them all at once but I can’t find the link to order hem. Here is his review.

Comment

I started using the k1 from iron will outfitters this year. I couldn’t be any happier with how it’s performed so far.

Comment

The Benchmade Steep Country is a great knife.

I also have a Bark River Adventurer II that I absolutely love, but they're a little pricey ($200ish).

Comment

I have a 3 knife set....this is the one I only use. It's a lifetime knife.

Comment

My wife got me a Gerber Gator w/ a gut hook for my birthday back in 2007 - I love it and its still my favorite skinning knife.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                            How long is the blade on that knife? Price?

Bro, that blade length is 3 1/2 inches cutting edge. With sheath it's $200.00

You can read the comments on my guest book on my website for customer reviews.
                            Jank Custom Knives

Comment

Working...
                            X