Best Fly Fishing Town in Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Fly Fishing Town in Arkansas

Gentlemen I would like to mosey up to the Natural State for some trout fishing. What’re the best towns to stay in that have good access to tail waters and the little red?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at Heber Springs.

Comment

Probably cotter

Comment

Thanks y’all. I saw that the fly shops were in Cotter, will look at Heber Springs

Comment

@Quackerbox , he just got back

Comment

Originally posted by coogfan View Post
            Take a look at Heber Springs.
            this x 2. I've been going there for past 3 years. Lots of fish. Just have to time the dam water release...

Comment

Norfork

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
                Norfork
                yep, gene's trout dock. Or Gastons on the white.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  @Quackerbox , he just got back
                  And had a flippin ball in flippin!!

Ate at gastons. Fished with cranors one day and DIY the rest. If you want fly tackle I have a guy who ONLY does fly but stays super busy. But cranors took absolute superb care of my aging parents. Even sent a hand wrote thank you card. I'll fish with them again

We rented a house on the white between cotter and buffalo city. Tuesday thru Sunday was just over a grand and slept 8 people. Quiet place and caught rainbows till we got bored off the dock.

I can get you the vrbo if you want. But, you almost need 4x4 to get to it due to loose gravel. Fox,turkey,deer all over the road in.

Was my second trip to the area. 1st shot we stayed on Norfolk. Couple pics..

As a group we caught an easy 250 trout the first day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm kind of fond of Copper Johns in Bull Shoals. $65 per day for a nice cabin, stay 3 and the 4th day is free. Smack dab in between the state park and Gastons. 25 minute drive to the tail waters of the Norfolk, and steps away from the White.

It is about a 30 minute drive to Cotter, and a fly shop on the premises. Pretty much anywhere in that area will do, since it is all geared for trout fishing the rivers.

Comment

Cotter trout dock.

also consider taking a day to go over to the buffalo and chase some small mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Cotter trout dock.

also consider taking a day to go over to the buffalo and chase some small mouth.
                        Solid rec also. We have rented and used shuttle services from buffalo river float service and fished the buffalo.

Do the trip down to dillards ferry. We caught small mouth on that and from the bridge to rush landing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Fly Fishing

Spring River past the bayou access

Sylamore

You’ll kill em all day long on the White by drifting, but to much rain and generation for good fly fishing

Mirror Lake
                          And while there you can tour Blanchard Springs Caverns..... cool place

Little Red past the Swinging Bridge is good this time of year

I’m talking fly fishing

Comment

Cotter

Comment

If you fly fish, look up Jason Lloyd. One of the best guides I’ve ever fished with. We go every summer.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X