Wonder what the point is to this text scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder what the point is to this text scam

For the last week 4-5 times daily I get a text from an unknown number that just says STOP. It’s going to me and 20 other numbers. I assume they are trying to annoy you into responding then they got you somehow. I always just delete of course- anyone else getting these?

Not that one but I get them on occasion. Sometimes they bite sometimes they don't

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Not that one but I get them on occasion. Sometimes they bite sometimes they don't

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just block the number

Comment

You don't have one of those light switches in your house you continuously flip because you can't figure out what it does, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Just block the number
            It comes from a different number every time

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              It comes from a different number every time

Ahhhh. That would be soo annoying!

Comment

I block them as well. Figure I'll eventually have all possible #s blocked and won't get any calls from anyone except those in my directory.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  For the last week 4-5 times daily I get a text from an unknown number that just says STOP. It’s going to me and 20 other numbers. I assume they are trying to annoy you into responding then they got you somehow. I always just delete of course- anyone else getting these?
                  I got it on my work phone last week. About 10 others were tagged in the text. Someone in the group texted, "who is this" the sender didn't respond. Don't know what it is.

Comment

Just got it again- 4th time today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lucky me ! No, I did not respond. Showed it to my wife just to prove I still got it !
                      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve received 200+ calls from “Montana” area code numbers in the last few months. Multiple per day. You would think that after a period of time, the algorithm would suggest they quit calling. Not sure how many calls missed that it will take to get to that point in the algorithm

Comment

you probably got an initial text saying something else and deleted and now these other people in the text are responding stop.

Comment

Saw on the news yesterday that there is way to profit from robo-calls. Only 49 dollars for the 'how to' kit. Lol

Comment

According to my caller ID, I got a call from Richard Nixon once. I was afraid to answer that one.

Scammers will try to sell you anything. Had one trying to sell me a burial plot once. She hung up on me when I told here I was already dead and was getting great reception from my coffin.

I ignore and block 99% of the calls. Every once in a while, if I'm bored, I'll answer one. I'll lead them on and mess with them for a few mins till they finally figure out they are the ones getting played.

Comment

Working...
                              X