Long Range Hunting Scope???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
    I just don’t want to break the bank on this rifle. The last scope I bought was a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2, and though it was awesome, it was HEAVY. I don’t want to go over 21-22 oz, and under that would be ok. I really thought the nightforce SHV line would be nice, but they are closer to 30 oz.

I really like FFP, but if I have to to be in weight range for this I will go SFP.
    I gotcha. A few of those will be off the list then but a couple check alot of boxes. V4, swfa. And 1 is close, maven

I would look hard at those demo v4's but those have turrets... For me thats sorta a must for a true long range hunting rig. Sounds like maybe you don't want that though after I reread your original post

Dont personally have a v4 but have been around a couple. Also LOTS of good reviews out there on other hunting and long range forums. I wouldn't hesitate to give one a try.
    Last edited by OSU Fisher; 12-09-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I’ve got a vx5hd in 3x15-44 and it has impressed me. CDS turret is extremely simple.

Comment

I just picked up a 28 Nosler and put a VX6 HD 4-24 scope on it. The glass is amazing and I just ordered my turret. So far I am very impressed.

Comment

I ran the conquest hd 3-15 with rz800 reticle for a number of years. It’s an amazing riflescope for hunting. Once I started shooting steel out past 700 yards I felt it’s limitations, and moved to the zeiss V6 3-18 with target turrets. Not as fast as the rz reticle but much more accurate at longer distances. I agree with the above suggestions and think the V4 from red hawk will fill your needs at a reasonable price point. There are so many good choices. Pick one and shoot the crap out of it

Comment

Any interest in selling the Zeiss scope you have?

Comment

Midwayusa is having a big sale today on demo'd swarovskis

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

The VX3I LRP won. I found a bargain on a lightly used one. And it tipped the scale big time!

Comment

Nightforce and Swfa for me. Reliability trumps everything else. The new meopta optika6 looks interesting.

Comment

Look at the Bushnell DMR II pro, night force and Burris eliminator scopes.

Comment

Working...
                    X