No announcement yet.

Spooked AM deer return same evening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty simple really.....what ever you think he will do he wont do and what you think he wont do he will do. At least that's how it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
      Pretty simple really.....what ever you think he will do he wont do and what you think he wont do he will do. At least that's how it works for me.
      Exactly, so do the opposite

Comment

He will return!!

Comment

Decided to sit my other stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
            He probably doesn’t know what spooked the doe and will continue his normal routine.
            This ^^ The question is: Is his normal routine to come back in the evening?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              This ^^ The question is: Is his normal routine to come back in the evening?
              I see pics every few days

Comment

Your biggest worry is that when that doe shows up again, she'll be wary of your blind/stand. She will probably circle downwind, sniff, stomp.... If you have any other spot to sit where you could keep her from busting you again, try that.

The buck will be back, especially if there's a hot doe coming to the feeder. Hopefully it's not the one that busted you.

Comment

He was a no show today.

Comment

Hunt same place. If you can get out of the blind, play wind right, maybe hunt the trail you think they will come in on. A little hand corn might help. Good luck

Comment

There were 5 deer in my food plot when I got to my stand yesterday at 3:00 pm. They spooked, came back in about an hour, were very nervous, ate corn outside the pen then drifted off. Only two of those showed this morning, both yearling bucks. It’s a crap shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
                        My son missed a buck last January with a .243 on an evening hunt. The buck showed back up 15 minutes later and he made a great shot. I wouldn't have believed it if I weren't sitting with him.

Todd

Had my buddy do this as well. If I wasn’t sitting in the stand with him I wouldn’t have believed it happened either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Your biggest worry is that when that doe shows up again, she'll be wary of your blind/stand. She will probably circle downwind, sniff, stomp.... If you have any other spot to sit where you could keep her from busting you again, try that.

The buck will be back, especially if there's a hot doe coming to the feeder. Hopefully it's not the one that busted you.
                          ^This guy has the best response. I’d still be irritated with that doe and shoot her.

Comment

ive also seen a deer some back to the same place after being bumped etc... id stick with the same place

Comment

He’ll come back. I just spooked deer walking by my feeder. Walked to my stand 150 yards away and got settled. Deer were back in 10 min

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                                I missed a deer with a rifle one morning he came back that evening and I killed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Someone's wife on TBH missed one with a rifle on my ranch. She was so excited that she shot her first buck. I told her she missed and she didn't believe me. Not until about 45 seconds later when I said then why is he walking back to the corn in front of you?

I have it on video at the ranch. It's a classic!

Comment

Working...
                                X