SpyPoint Link Micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpyPoint Link Micro

Academy has these $50 off right now. Anybody using these cameras? They have Verizon and not Verizon. I have AT&T cell service, can I use the Verizon cam?

Thanks for any feedback you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you activate them through their app, look at both cameras and see which has better service in your area. Their is a small map on box of the US that shows service area. my better service was the blue map (which I was told is run through ATT) the red map is the Verizon.

I bought one just to try it out and it is sending ok pics its not on a feeder so unsure how good it would do on a feeder. I say great price for cell camera.

Comment

Bought one 2 wks ago and no complaints. Prefer my Coverts but these get the job done. I like it better than the SpyPoint LinkEvo
      Attached Files

Comment

I will stick with my Spartans and Coverts for a little more money

Comment

I like mine. Unlimited photos for free for the first month, then 100 free photos every month after that. Decent photo quality. For only $99, I dont think you can go wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
            I like mine. Unlimited photos for free for the first month, then 100 free photos every month after that. Decent photo quality. For only $99, I dont think you can go wrong with it.

Keep in mind over the life of the camera, the more expensive plan adds up and will creep up on the total lifetime cost of a better, more expensive Spartan or Covert.

I just bought a brand new Spartan LTE for $260 shipped. Can't go wrong

You get what you pay for

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Keep in mind over the life of the camera, the more expensive plan adds up and will creep up on the total lifetime cost of a better, more expensive Spartan or Covert.

I just bought a brand new Spartan LTE for $260 shipped. Can't go wrong

You get what you pay for
              For my purpose it works great. I'm not interested in adding another monthly bill (lord knows I have plenty of those - netflix, hulu, youtube premium, etc.). You are right though, if I was wanting more than the free 100 photos a month, the TCO would be higher than other options out there.

Comment

I have 5 running and no complaints at all so far.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  I will stick with my Spartans and Coverts for a little more money
                  Cool.

I have a Covert. I love it.

I got one of these Spypoint Link Micro cams at Walmart just to see how it compared. I think it takes better pics than my Covert. Covert is quicker on transmitting images. I have my Spypoint set to send images in batches on the hour from 8 am to 8 pm. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

As for cost...more power to ya if you wanna split hairs and figure a cost over the life of the camera. My Covert plan is $9.99/month for 1,000 images/month. My Spypoint plan is $10/month for unlimited images (paid $120 annual one time).

Comment

Had one and thank god gave out before the 30day return policy at academy

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                      Had one and thank god gave out before the 30day return policy at academy
                      Didn't feel like putting in new batteries?

I kid. I kid.

So far no complaints on mine.

My Covert has been an up and down battle for several years. I have a love/hate relationship with it, but it refuses to completely die on me.

Comment

I had bought both a Verizon and the other network one. The Verizon works great and had for over 8 months now with an external battery pack. The other network one worked 2 weeks and couldn't ever get it running again even though I have great AT&T service. Took it to Academy and returned it same thing. Took it back got my money back. I have now bought two of the Verizon ones at the sale price. I haven't activated them yet. I have a Covert Blackhawk I am having trouble with. If I ever get it to work properly it will be in the classifieds cheap.

Comment

I purchased one and set it up at the house. So far it seems to be doing ok. We'll see what happens when I get it to the lease in far west Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                            I had bought both a Verizon and the other network one. The Verizon works great and had for over 8 months now with an external battery pack. The other network one worked 2 weeks and couldn't ever get it running again even though I have great AT&T service. Took it to Academy and returned it same thing. Took it back got my money back. I have now bought two of the Verizon ones at the sale price. I haven't activated them yet. I have a Covert Blackhawk I am having trouble with. If I ever get it to work properly it will be in the classifieds cheap.
                            PM me if you decide to part with the Covert

Comment

Working...
                            X