No announcement yet.

NFL Firings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Bill o Brian had a chance of getting canned this year because of the Texans inconsistent play, I was shocked when they said in his last 25 games he was 19-6. Man it sure doesn’t feel like it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      You win a super bowl in Dallas and you are immortalized. You win a NC in OK and you’re coaching XFL after you retire. Lol
      Stupid post.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        I think you under estimate the Sooner brand. Young family, answers to only the AD, winning ( as of now), recruits the players he wants, not the AD (Jerry). As of right now he can stay as long as he likes. Makes a much as Garrett does now. Contrary to popular belief it’s not the be all end all jobs or their last 3 coaches wouldn’t have been named, Gailey, Campo, Garrett...

They weren’t...

Riley would be an absolute fool to leave Norman for Dallas, and I think he knows that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          I thought Bill o Brian had a chance of getting canned this year because of the Texans inconsistent play, I was shocked when they said in his last 25 games he was 19-6. Man it sure doesn’t feel like it.
          #DW4 is the dude

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
            Top notch gig is a stretch, I think it’s going to be tough to find someone who wants to coach under Jerry. In all reality he is the owner GM and coach.

Serious question, why do people say this? In essence, every owner is the same. Ultimately all coaches and GM’s work at and under the whims of the boss. No different than any business. Have people in the organization complained about him micromanaging? I was watching some sports talk guy today at lunch that said he’s been behind the scenes and Jerry let’s the people he hired do their jobs. Even mentioned specific circumstances where Jerry wanted a player badly but backed off when told it wasn’t a good pick.

Honest question as I don’t follow very closely.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Stupid post.
              Why? It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
                Sorry but I don’t get the Lincoln Riley hype. The kid’s only been a head coach since 2017. No bowl wins. No national championships.

The Cowboys need a no-nonsense proven winner with professional experience. The list needs to start at the top with the best coaches out there, including those currently employed.
                I am with you, Riley would not be on my list, he has done nothing to brag about, he has had the best 3 QB's in College football and done nothing with it. I think Meyer would be a great fit in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  Serious question, why do people say this? In essence, every owner is the same. Ultimately all coaches and GM’s work at and under the whims of the boss. No different than any business. Have people in the organization complained about him micromanaging? I was watching some sports talk guy today at lunch that said he’s been behind the scenes and Jerry let’s the people he hired do their jobs. Even mentioned specific circumstances where Jerry wanted a player badly but backed off when told it wasn’t a good pick.

Honest question as I don’t follow very closely.

Bill Belichick does as he pleases.

Jason Garrett does not.

Comment

Lincoln Riley has a lot to prove before he jumps to pros. He’s a good coach but give him 10years and see what he’s done, and why in the hell would you leave Norman were he’s a god?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      Bill Belichick does as he pleases.

Jason Garrett does not.

I understand the accusation. What I’m asking is what has Jones done to get that reputation. It seems like that’s all I ever hear but I’ve never heard anyone say why that’s the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
                        Sorry but I don’t get the Lincoln Riley hype. The kid’s only been a head coach since 2017. No bowl wins. No national championships.

The Cowboys need a no-nonsense proven winner with professional experience. The list needs to start at the top with the best coaches out there, including those currently employed.
                        Yessir....

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          This just in: Jason Garrett is out!
                          Not funny

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            I understand the accusation. What I’m asking is what has Jones done to get that reputation. It seems like that’s all I ever hear but I’ve never heard anyone say why that’s the case.

The way I understand it is, cowboys fans need to ***** about something or they will literally implode [emoji6]

Comment

Riley won't go to Dallas. His offense is awesome for College ball. Great family fit at OU for him. Recruits Texas kids better than any school in Texas.

Those offenses work for a year or two in pro ball. Defensive coordinators figure it out and the players are so fast they just run most all that stuff down in no time. Look at the Rams, Cardinals. Then your QB gets busted up because he gets outside the pocket one to many times and then your screwed. Look at Kansas City.

Meyers would be better suited for pro ball. But he got out because he needed a break. Pro coaches work their butts off year round. They are football junkies!

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                                I think you under estimate the Cowboy Brand! Forbes says different. The most most watched team in the world!! Its going to pay well to boot. Do you want to work for a top team in America that's the question. I think alot of Coaches would love to have the Job.
                                Someone asked Urban Meyer about Lincoln Riley,and the possibility of him coaching the Cowboys.He said I don't know him well enough to say whether he would take the job,or not.They then asked would you take the job,he said dang right I would.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X