Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me

Comment

I used to do it all, my first truck was an 85 chevy. Rebuilt the motor, went through trans, sanded and painted that truck with my dads help. Now days ill do most of it, but I'll take them to get oil changed so I dont have to worry about getting rid of the oil. UTV and 4 wheelers ill do everything. Have danged near any tool needed to do anything except a lift. I do have access to a big truck repair shop, and a good buddy thats a heavy truck mechanic that charges VERY fair to either help or do the entire job if I dont want to mess with it.

Sooner or later I'll buy a jeep and teach my daughter how to work on it herself, then when shes old enough it'll be hers, already built and ready to go.

Comment

I do most (brakes, alternator, starter, sensors, hoses,etc) gave up on only changes years ago.

Comment

I put some wiper blades on my truck last year.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I do it all because I ain't paying someone to do work I can do myself.
              Used oil works great on my fenceline
              Same here.

Comment

I do all my own but the major stuff.
                Some of the electronics I stay away from. I will not attempt transmission stuff, way too complicated it seems.
                Now days, thank goodness for YouTube!

Comment

I maintain our vehicles (engine, suspension, brakes, headlight fluid, ect) but stay away from transmission work.

Comment

I try to... minus the time I broke steel bolts in an aluminum block. That sucked.

Comment

Outside of fixing stuff on the lease vehicle while stuck at the lease, hell no. All my maintenance is done at the dealership across the street from my office while I work. I get full synthetic oil changes for about the same price as doing it myself, that was part of the deal when I bought the truck. They even take me to and from work for drop off and pickup.

Comment

I do all mine at least fluids and stuff like that. When the more difficult task come up I get my brothers help, he’s a dang good shade tree mechanic. We are about to drop a set of injectors in my Cummins along with changing the valve cover gasket, set the valve lash, new injector feed tubes, and a FASS titanium 165 lift pump.

Comment

Working...
                        X