Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarbuck View Post
    Need help or professional opinion on age and size of this buck. I’m in Mason County, this buck is biggest we’ve seen on cam on our 150 acre low fence. He seems young to me but biggest horns we’ve ever seen here on this property. Been after him since bow opener but haven’t seen him in person yet. He’s got double droptines, definitely a first for us to ever see something like this
    I’m gonna disagree with the old comments. He looks 3-4. I’ve killed some 8-9 year old deer and he isn’t showing signs of old age to me.

I’d love to tell you that deer would walk. But man. That’s a great deer. Well scoring and double drops. Sure looks like he escaped from somewhere lol

Comment

Need help or professional opinion on age and size of this buck. I’m in Mason County, this buck is biggest we’ve seen on cam on our 150 acre low fence. He seems young to me but biggest horns we’ve ever seen here on this property. Been after him since bow opener but haven’t seen him in person yet. He’s got double droptines, definitely a first for us to ever see something like this
      That deer is old! Looks similar to deer that we have that are 8 plus.

Comment

How's is movement at everyone's place??

Just talked to my dad who's at the ranch and he hasn't seen 1 buck in the last 3 sits and only a few young does.
        The other 2 that are with him are reporting the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Same for us. I’ve been here since last Sunday and most of my sits have produced less than 5 deer seen. Thursday morning it was cold and I saw probably 15, which was the best hunt all week. I see usually 12 to 15 at that stand and have seen as many as 30 in one sit. It was the slowest hunting I’ve ever had in the hill country. Tomorrow morning should be good though with it getting cold again tonight. Too many acorns on the ground.

Comment

Just got in from San Saba. Slow slow hunting. Lots of acorns & nomovement. Not even paying attention to handcorn. Sad part is trees still loaded with acorns.

Comment

Acorns could be our problem. Don't have many oaks on our property but the property's around us do

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s old. And a giant low fence trophy.

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post

Agreed!

Beautiful hide on that deer. Good luck!
                I don’t know about his hide, but he has a really pretty cape.

Comment

Bucks are still chasing hard, one had a doe hemmed up at my house yesterday at noon.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Rut is slowing way down at our place between mason and Brady. Few bucks still coming through checking does but i think we are on he back end of rut and possibly the end of rut lull. Haven’t had mature bucks on camera in over a week. Usually ki have several at least passing through. Another week or three should be better again. That being said i think there will be a lingering rut or maybe a small second rut due to the number of does i saw still with fawns.

Comment

The shin oak is still load with acorns.. Activity around feeders is as slow as it has been all season on our place.. Every feeder has corn piling up which is not normal for this time of year on our place.... Hunting away from feeders has been productive.
                      It does seem tat the rut is slowing..

Comment

Gonna be off Waddell Ln near Menard all weekend. Looks like it's going to be pretty warm - any increase in activity lately?

Comment

we have a fair amount of activity at feeders between mason and brady. Seems the worst acorn issue was october into early november. lots of young bucks running around. hope to have some more mature deer return soon.

Comment

Same. We have young does and those with late fawns circling the feeders and a bunch of nice 2-3 year old 8s visiting. Mature bucks and does haven’t been seen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                              Gonna be off Waddell Ln near Menard all weekend. Looks like it's going to be pretty warm - any increase in activity lately?
                              We own a place on Waddell. It was very slow this weekend. No mature animals seen.

Comment

I saw several mature bucks on our place in Melvin this past weekend. Only 3 at feeders and 2 of those were following a late doe. Most were cruising around away from feeders and were seen on trails. I killed my target buck Friday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X