Deer hung on fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer hung on fence

This past weekend while driving to the ranch i saw a deer hanging on the fence motionless. His leg was caught and he was hanging upside down. From a drive by glance he appeared dead but the little voice in my head said "turn around and make sure he is dead." So I did and sure enough that poor deer was still alive. Luckily I was able to cut him free and he should survive. I thank the lord that I listened to the little voice in my head.

Moral of the story- listen to that little voice in your head and also help out our wildlife. If you see something and your not 100% sure they are dead, please go and see if you might be able to help.

When I was in the field I was drivin a pump in the middle of nowhere somewhere out near three rivers and drive past a 6 point hangin by his rack at the very top of a high fence thrashin around. Luckily some guys were already there helpin it. I’ll never forget that lol lil buck was in a pickle.

Comment

good job

Comment

Found one here at the house last month. It had been dead for a while. Her leg was so tight in that wire, there was no way to get the foot out without cutting the wire. That has to be a real bad way to go!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Must have felt good to save that deer. Congrats to you.
          I too have came across this situation checking my fence lines...to late unfortunately.
          It usually never ends good for the deer, but the coyotes and Vultures don't mind.

Comment

Saw one yesterday crossing the road just outside of Junction. It almost seemed like he was suspended in air and came down and hit the wire and flipped himself. I thought I was going to have to do the same thing. Looked back and he was up running away.

Comment

Good man!

Comment

Good job

Comment

Good on you OP!

I had a similar situation several years ago and sure enough my buck was still alive too. Good ending here as well.

Comment

Helped a deer out of barbed wire a few times through the years. We got tired of seeing it happen so we spent a summer removing the top 2 strands of barbed wire off our fences and haven’t had it happen on our place since.

Comment

good on you OP!

Comment

Those sheep fences out west that have triple strand barbed wire at the top are pure murder on does and yearlings. I see several dead ones on fences every year all around Sterling County.

Comment

good job!

Comment

That little voice always gets me in trouble!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                              That little voice always gets me in trouble!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X