Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone with OnX or Huntstand help me out..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone with OnX or Huntstand help me out..

i know i can look up property lines on the CAD but i dont think they have the boundaries right.

can someone PM me and i will give you the info and see if your boundaries are the same?

I have huntstand, use it all the time

what you need? Ill help out

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
      I have huntstand, use it all the time

what you need? Ill help out
      i will PM you

Comment

OnX

Comment

You can get a one time free trial with OnX with a valid email address. I think it is good for 7 days?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            You can get a one time free trial with OnX with a valid email address. I think it is good for 7 days?
            Correct. But to see private property lines you have to purchase the gps chip for that state or the full elite membership.

Just a PSA on the private boundaries, they are close but not perfect. They get all their info from county tax offices and sometimes those aren’t correct. Best judgement is to stay away from boundaries with a decent buffer of about 100 yards (just my two cents).

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              Correct. But to see private property lines you have to purchase the gps chip for that state or the full elite membership.

Just a PSA on the private boundaries, they are close but not perfect. They get all their info from county tax offices and sometimes those aren’t correct. Best judgement is to stay away from boundaries with a decent buffer of about 100 yards (just my two cents).

Not me, I'm set up 30 yds from fence line !

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                Not me, I'm set up 30 yds from fence line !
                30yds???..... i thought you were supposed to use fence posts to hang stands on.............. guess im doing it wrong

Comment

Gotcha. I don't need to be that exact for the reasons I use it. Makes sense.

Comment

Just FYI.....THANKS30 gets you 30% off the membership right now.

Comment

I have onX for texas if you need help cross referencing something. I have noticed though some property lines aren't exactly correct. And I have found multiple mistakes as far as public land goes.

Comment

I don’t trust the boundary lines in onX. I was trying to hunt some public land next to private. onX showed the boundary line on one side of the pasture but the fence was on the other side. onX was off about 200 yards.

Comment

They are both off in some places, on the money on others. It’s a crap shoot.

Comment

I used OnX free trial 7 days, than they gave me another 7. Did not use much in the two weeks but what I did use on public hunt, seemed very accurate. Easy to use even for an old man to figure out. It works in free mode for basics but lost many features. Great tool. If I traveled much I would definate buy full version. Even if a some property line errors , it is cool. I also tried Free Huntstand. Not as easy but not bad. Better imaging to my eyes.

Comment

Thanks fellas we got it figured out.

Fwiw Onx didn't have the updated property lines from when the property sold last year, Huntstand had the updated lines, the same as the CAD map.

Comment

Working...
                              X