No announcement yet.

Game Warden Question: Discussion at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have same search and seizure guidelines as every other Tx Peace Officer.

Comment

Tell them no they can’t go in your house and search. See how well that’s gonna go for ya. Kinda like no you can’t search my car. It’s aint gonna end well for ya either.

Comment

I am quite surprised that a game warden has not yet responded here to your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I am quite surprised that a game warden has not yet responded here to your question.
          Myself....we know who they are. Their prolly making illegal searches somewhere as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Myself....we know who they are. Their prolly making illegal searches somewhere as we speak
            I just don't think I have ever seen them actually answer a rules question asked of them on here. It puzzles me that they don't offer their advice or wisdom. Perhaps their policy does not allow them to respond on an open forum, and I get that...if that is the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              They have same search and seizure guidelines as every other Tx Peace Officer.
              Correct me if I’m wrong but can’t they go on property where game are known to roam. Whereas a regular officer can’t without a warrant.

Comment

I just don't think I have ever seen them actually answer a rules question asked of them on here. It puzzles me that they don't offer their advice or wisdom. Perhaps their policy does not allow them to respond on an open forum, and I get that...if that is the reason.
                Probably so. You make a mistake in replying, on a public forum, and one of your people you investigated, or are investigating, finds it. That opens the door for them to question all of your law decisions from that point on out. That's the type stuff defense attorneys love to find.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  He must be able to articulate reasonable suspicion that the container holds a wildlife resource taken in violation of the law.
                  Bull Corn!
                  I get searched every time they stop me, go all thru my boat without asking, at least once a month
                  I just let em look, not gonna find anything

Comment

M16. Nope any Texas Peace Officer can go onto open pasture without warrant

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      Yes... if given consent by the resident
                      This, but not without a warrant if consent is not granted.

Comment

PoPo can do what ever they want when ever they want.

Let he games begin

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                          Probably so. You make a mistake in replying, on a public forum, and one of your people you investigated, or are investigating, finds it. That opens the door for them to question all of your law decisions from that point on out. That's the type stuff defense attorneys love to find.
                          Except other LEO's on TBH regularly answer questions about regulations and laws; just not game wardens.

Comment

My guess is that it would be an admission that they monitor this site. Social media leads to lots of people getting busted. Best to lay in wait and not give away your position.

Comment

Except other LEO's on TBH regularly answer questions about regulations and laws; just not game wardens.
                              Good point. Maybe they're just busy as was originally asserted then.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                My guess is that it would be an admission that they monitor this site. Social media leads to lots of people getting busted. Best to lay in wait and not give away your position.

I think the cat’s out of the bag on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X