Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Recipes
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2018, 01:25 AM   #301
iammargarette
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fremont, California
Default

Beans and brisket is a perfect combination.
Attached Images
 
iammargarette is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #302
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Tagged.

Going to make some later today for dinner


How much water or water kind of water level should I shoot for?

Last edited by 150class; 10-30-2018 at 09:55 AM.
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #303
ShockValue
Pope & Young
 
ShockValue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flower Mound, Tx
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Ingredients screen shot and off of the store I go!
ShockValue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #304
JimPat
Four Point
 
JimPat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

PB - 1) great recipe, been looking for a good one.

2) what Group were you in?

I'm an old 7th; 11th; 3rd; SWC; and elsewhere guy. Just retired in 2015 after 36 years. Am at Sam now.
JimPat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2018, 10:27 PM   #305
PBFrijoles
Ten Point
 
PBFrijoles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgetown, TX
Hunt In: TX & LA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPat View Post
PB - 1) great recipe, been looking for a good one.



2) what Group were you in?



I'm an old 7th; 11th; 3rd; SWC; and elsewhere guy. Just retired in 2015 after 36 years. Am at Sam now.


Retired 18E4VW8 out of 3rd GRP w/SWCS instructor time from Ď05-Ď08.

There are quite a few old green hats in San Antone. If you Farsebook, I can pull you into Los Armadillos.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBFrijoles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #306
LCall47
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Dang those look good!
LCall47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #307
JimPat
Four Point
 
JimPat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFrijoles View Post
Retired 18E4VW8 out of 3rd GRP w/SWCS instructor time from Ď05-Ď08.

There are quite a few old green hats in San Antone. If you Farsebook, I can pull you into Los Armadillos.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don't do social media but thinking of it to get into the Brothers page; am looking to see what happens to the PS site. Also may switch SF chapters. I am currently in Ch 54 up in Mass (Bill Buckley chapter); don't get up there much anymore. Sim Trombitus is down here and can bring me into San Antone.

I'll keep in touch. Meanwhile - go to try those beans!!!
JimPat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #308
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Tagged.

Going to make some later today for dinner


How much water or water kind of water level should I shoot for?
Update: I forgot about the beans that day causing the water to boil off and burnt the entire bottom of the pot. Whole house smelt like burnt crap for a week and had to throw away the pot.

Outcome: Still undecided about recipe
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #309
aggie_archer
Ten Point
 
aggie_archer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Hunt In: Texas, Kentucky and Maine
Default

Just made these for the first time and they came out AMAZING!!
aggie_archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #310
CJ776
Eight Point
 
CJ776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Baylor County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Update: I forgot about the beans that day causing the water to boil off and burnt the entire bottom of the pot. Whole house smelt like burnt crap for a week and had to throw away the pot.

Outcome: Still undecided about recipe


Sounds like operator error lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CJ776 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #311
PBFrijoles
Ten Point
 
PBFrijoles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgetown, TX
Hunt In: TX & LA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPat View Post
don't do social media but thinking of it to get into the Brothers page; am looking to see what happens to the PS site. Also may switch SF chapters. I am currently in Ch 54 up in Mass (Bill Buckley chapter); don't get up there much anymore. Sim Trombitus is down here and can bring me into San Antone.



I'll keep in touch. Meanwhile - go to try those beans!!!


Iím a lifetime member of 1-18 in Fayetteville but since I retired I havenít been back. Nick Zambito and I are trying to resurrect the Austin chapter.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBFrijoles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2019, 04:10 PM   #312
PBFrijoles
Ten Point
 
PBFrijoles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgetown, TX
Hunt In: TX & LA
Default Borracho beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Update: I forgot about the beans that day causing the water to boil off and burnt the entire bottom of the pot. Whole house smelt like burnt crap for a week and had to throw away the pot.

Outcome: Still undecided about recipe


Definitely an operator level malfunction!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBFrijoles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #313
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ776 View Post
Sounds like operator error lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFrijoles View Post
Definitely an operator level malfunction!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like thatís debatable.....
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #314
cattlelackranch
Ten Point
 
cattlelackranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle
Default Borracho beans

Iíve been watching this recipe for years. I always said I would try it when I get an actual ďbean potĒ. I finally sourced one through a buddy from Mexico when his sister made a trip to visit family. He surprised me with it as a Christmas present. Now Iím ready!



Do I need to season it or do anything to it before the first batch of beans?

And how do I tell from the bottom that this is a real bean pot and not for decoration only?

Bottom of pot outside



Bottom of pot inside


Last edited by cattlelackranch; 01-11-2019 at 07:22 PM.
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 07:00 AM   #315
BURTONboy
Pope & Young
 
BURTONboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Ulm
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

My buddy got me one a few years ago and said to boil it out a few times with some bacon mixed in. So maybe try that if nobody else responds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #316
cattlelackranch
Ten Point
 
cattlelackranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURTONboy View Post
My buddy got me one a few years ago and said to boil it out a few times with some bacon mixed in. So maybe try that if nobody else responds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks.
Iíve heard olive oil rub and boil potatoes or rice. Iíll throw some bacon in there too.
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #317
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlelackranch View Post
Thanks.
Iíve heard olive oil rub and boil potatoes or rice. Iíll throw some bacon in there too.


Just to be safe you may want to check it doesnít have any lead in the Clay ..I believe the easiest way to check is pour some vinegar in and let it soak overnight if pot discolors itís no Bueno


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 05:58 PM   #318
cattlelackranch
Ten Point
 
cattlelackranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal14 View Post
Just to be safe you may want to check it doesnít have any lead in the Clay ..I believe the easiest way to check is pour some vinegar in and let it soak overnight if pot discolors itís no Bueno


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was reading about this last night and tested today.





Itís full of lead.
Itís actually a real problem even with crockpots and any clay dishes with a glaze.

Guess I will use a cast iron pot.
Be careful guys.
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #319
Arrowslinger1
Ten Point
 
Arrowslinger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wills Point Tx
Hunt In: Rotan tx, Coleman ok
Default

Just put these on! 👍
Arrowslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #320
TeamAmerica
Ten Point
 
TeamAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)
Default

Can anyone confirm if these are worth making in the instapot? if so, how long would you cook for?

thanks,
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #321
AnAcApA7
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

Yummy
AnAcApA7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #322
Buckshot1
Spike
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

These look great, we do a lot of beans and will try this one out.
Buckshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #323
jaker_cc
Ten Point
 
jaker_cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Floresville,Tx
Hunt In: Webb Ct., Karnes Ct.
Default

Giving it a run today

jaker_cc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #324
XBOW STALKER
Six Point
 
XBOW STALKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FORT WORTH
Hunt In: TEXAS
Default

Lead... all the critters love it.
XBOW STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com