No announcement yet.

Val Verde County 2022 hunting thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught this guy too, thing was cool. It was weird because it just let me pick it up, didn’t try to run. When I sat him down though , thing raised up and was gone quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man! Haven’t seen one of those since I was a little kid on the farm in Coahoma.

Comment

We are in Loma Alta area and received well over 2.5 inches of rain Monday and Tuesday which was much needed because the animals were eating us out of house and home on supplements. We haven’t taken any WTH bucks in 4 years because we are trying to get the age class up. Best I have that lived through the season is a 4.5 year old 9 that would maybe got 130-135.

Comment

Here are some bucks on our property I think all of them made it

Comment

Love that country. Great pics

Comment

My place is north of comstock on 1024 lots of deer moving,lots of pigs and we got a good 3 inches while I was there which we needed bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
                We are in Loma Alta area and received well over 2.5 inches of rain Monday and Tuesday which was much needed because the animals were eating us out of house and home on supplements. We haven’t taken any WTH bucks in 4 years because we are trying to get the age class up. Best I have that lived through the season is a 4.5 year old 9 that would maybe got 130-135.

That’s great… we are a few miles north of the store at mail trail creek. I need to call the rancher and see if they got any…

Comment

Just got back from spending an extended weekend at the ranch. Our place in Loma Alta area is green, green, green. Corn is sitting under the feeders and Summer Axis bucks are wearing out trees all over the place. Even though the temp was above 100 degrees everything had signs of spring. Lots of blooms, Thousands of sulfur butterflies everywhere, and song birds galore just odd seeing this with all the intense heat we had.

Comment

Just got back from this weekend myself. We’re really green too. No corn standing under the feeders though, lol. The mosquitoes sucked. Certainly not used to that down there. I’m usually watching out for ticks this time of year, not skeeters. 100+ degree days and near full moon are never good for exotic movements for us. Saw 8-10 WT every sit though and whacked a good sized sow. Had a bunch of repairs to make. Mice chewed up the wires to our RV pump that pressurized the cabin, primary clutch went out on the ranger, tankless hot water heater blew up this winter. Got it all done though and had a good weekend. Looking forward to the WT season and going to try to get after the axis again in a few weeks.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that its green in part of Val Verde County. I am between Comstock and Pandale and haven't been to the lease since January. Between family obligations, a neighboring camp that burned down causing the water to be cut off and other issues I just haven't been able to make it. I'm hoping they get the water back up and running soon cuz my trigger finger has a seriously bad itch and I've had more pigs than I can shake a stick at a couple of feeders.

I need to fill 3 feeders, fix 2 cameras I'm sure, a set up a Redneck soft sided blind and a tripod for bow season. I'm really dreading the heat too. That 113 degree crap kicks my arse.

Comment

We made a trek out to the ranch this past weekend. Everything looks good in our part of the state compared to what we saw on the drive in. In short it’s dry but could definitely be worse.

Jobs included:
                        Filling Feeders - $10.65 Del Rio Feed
                        Filling Water Guzzlers - 1250 Gallons
                        Setting Game Cams - Run Browning Strikeforce
                        Running Coon Traps - Got 3
                        Spraying Emergents - Remedy and Diesel
                        Selective Clearing - Cleaning around Oaks

Set cameras on Friday and Swapped cards on Sunday. Got a few bucks but nothing with age. Manage to see a very nice one but couldn’t get the camera out in time.

Comment

My wife and I are headed to the lease the weekend of the 20th. The water is still not been repaired by the lease mangers, but say it should be done in a couple of weeks. But, they've been saying that for a couple of months now so we shall see.

I've got 3 feeders to fill, change batteries a couple of cameras and set up the tripod and the Redneck blind. I'm not looking forward the heat that's for sure.

I'm hoping the river at Pandale has some water in it. I'm hoping I can at least get in the river and cool off.

Comment

Val Verde County 2022 hunting thread...

Haven’t been to our place in about a month, looks like feeders are empty as animal count at feeder has dropped. We bought our place last October, got an axis doe but left WT alone as I wasn’t seeing too many bucks. Should be better as we have been feeding all year, need to get some watering stations set up which should help. We are down near the 277/377 split.

Last edited by JMart76; 08-03-2022, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to getting back out there here in a few weeks. I’ll pull cards, fill up the water troughs, fill and turn up the feeders to 12 seconds and tighten up any last minute loose ends. Our sets are all ready to hunt minus moving a couple chairs from blind to blind.

Need to figure out why we don’t have water pressure in our little camper there.

Comment

I didn't realize there was as many axis in Val Verde. My family's ranch is next door in Kinney and in 30 years we had ZERO hogs. We would greatly appreciate if y'all would take them back as well as the aoudad.

Good luck to all of you this season, luckily that area of Tx isn't hurting as bad rain wise as it is in a lot of other places.

Comment

Working...
                                X