Cowtown TBOT - course is set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowtown TBOT - course is set!

We are all ready to go for the Winter Traditional Shoot – the course is set. Target distances are unknown of course but I’ve had some questions from first-timers about what to expect so here are some general guidelines. We try and set the targets to mimic hunting situations with uphill/downhill shots and animals partially obscured by brush and trees. There are a couple short/easy shots and a couple of short/tricky shots (like 12 yards or less) There are 7 or 8 targets from 12 to 15 yards. There are about a dozen targets of various sizes from 16-20 yards and 3 more stretched out from 25 to over 40 yards. We will once again be shooting the flying pig from the elevated platform. Whether you are new to the game or a grizzled veteran, I hope you come have some fun with us!

This evening the news said very short and very limited chance of rain so hopefully the weather doesn't deter too many.
    See y'all there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it's not freezing here in the north Fort Worth area but close. It's also dry so far and radar is clear. I'm gonna get around and roll over to the club. Only thing I'm worried about is my toes. All the warm boots are at the ranch.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised to see the forecast change overnight! Be down there shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fun course even with the cold weather. Worth the effort and had a good time even if my shooting was average at best.

Comment

It was cold, but the guys at Cowtown outdid themselves once again with a GREAT course setup!!!! Hope to see a bunch of folks out there tomorrow!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

Shot back to back "personal best scores". 5 more years and i might have a competitive score.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfeathers View Post
                  Pictures?
                  Thought about it but hands were in the hand warmer pocket between targets.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                    Shot back to back "personal best scores". 5 more years and i might have a competitive score.
                    Good job, Steve!

Comment

DRT, I'm sure you were and most of the others as well. How was the turnout?

Comment

Well it was low but the quality of the attendees was up (or down?) To my standard. [emoji1]

Last edited by DRT; 02-26-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfeathers View Post
                          DRT, I'm sure you were and most of the others as well. How was the turnout?
                          Turnout was a little light probably due to the weather - about 35 rounds shot. Hopefully more will come out tomorrow- supposed to be sunny with a high in the mid 50’s

Comment

Definitely a good shoot. Think we’re all looking forward to warmer weather tomorrow. Good shooting Steve! Andy here contributed to the arrow graveyard. Lol
                            Arrow came right back at us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That frigging bison whipped my azz all day!!!!!! I shot 4 rounds and only scored on him on the very last round after using 2 mulligans!!! [emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X